Ford Butler, My Father

I would like to thank everyone from my drum corps family (Empire Statesmen, Rochester Crusaders and Mighty St. Joes) for your love and support throught such a difficult time. As most of you know, drum corps has been a constant in our family for many years. In fact, my parents began their lives together when my father proposed marriage at a show in Corning NY, this year they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on April 11th 2009. With that said, a VERY special thank you to the members of Mighty St. Joes for playing at the funeral service. It was a beautiful last chapter to a love story that began and ended with drum corps.

I was fortunate enough to inherit my father's love of the activity which means that I will be seeing many of you this summer. So, when we meet again, please take a moment to share your fondest memories of dad with me. I am sure there are many wonderful stories waiting to be told.

With Heart felt Thanks,

Krissy Butler

I would like to thank everyone from my drum corps family (Empire Statesmen, Rochester Crusaders and Mighty St. Joes) for your love and support throught such a difficult time. As most of you know, drum corps has been a constant in our family for many years. In fact, my parents began their lives together when my father proposed marriage at a show in Corning NY, this year they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on April 11th 2009. With that said, a VERY special thank you to the members of Mighty St. Joes for playing at the funeral service. It was a beautiful last chapter to a love story that began and ended with drum corps.

I was fortunate enough to inherit my father's love of the activity which means that I will be seeing many of you this summer. So, when we meet again, please take a moment to share your fondest memories of dad with me. I am sure there are many wonderful stories waiting to be told.

With Heart felt Thanks,

Krissy Butler

Krissy.... Just know that we are all here for you. Take all the time you need and when you are ready we are waiting for you to come home!!

Krissy

Remind me I owe you a hug next time I see you...

Love 'ya

Krissy, from the entire Mighty St. Joe's Family know that we will forever miss the laughter and friendship, the smiling face and the wonderful sense of humor, the way with the ladies and the dedication that your father had to the corps. Rest assured though he will never be forgotten and will be in all of our hearts forever.

As somber and sad as the past few days have been they were not without Ford's ability to carry on his legacy. We all are better people for having known your dad.

May he rest in peace!

If there is anything that we can ever do for you, your mom or anyone else in your family the MSJ Family will always be there for you.

"Built Ford Tough!"

Krissy,

"Ooh I hear laughter in the rain...." "nuff said. Smile gorgeous!

Krissy,

Know that we all love you and wish you the best always!

Try to get back to your drum corps as soon as possible. They are a great network of support.

Cant wait to see you out there this summer !

Dave

--------------------------------

Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

Public Relations