Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to Sal they are going to add a surprise to the end of the show. Any clues on what it could be?

Houston we have a problem. The Glassmen have lost contact with the Blue Stars. :thumbup:

I have got to stop looking up the scores before I go to work. Looking at the spreads from last night scores was very much a surprise to me. How ironic, I was teaching a class about active listening today yet my mind was on last nights spreads. I do in fact understand that Drum Corps scores means nothing in ones journey through life.. And years from now the only way many of us will remember a score from when we marched would be to look in up on corpsrep. But for 2 months each year, they are very fun to watch and follow. :tongue:

That being said, the only way for many of us that can not go to a Show to follow the Glassmen on their 2 month tour is scores, reviews, DCP chatter, ranking models ect. I have now added DCI's ranking system when I look at ranking models.

And the best and most accurate information that I like to read goes something like this:

"I heard, from a 3rd cousin who's son marches with the Troopers who has a girlfriend in the Blue Stars who's sister marches with BC that the Glassmen will be making a change on page 89 in the dot book. Three days from tomorrow". :devil:

I, along with others on this thread have been following the Glassmen since the first day of competition till the present. So you have to know by now I am going to commit on last night scores and spreads. :thumbup:

July 13th 09

G-men-79.25

BS-80.25

BC-81.35

July 14th 09

G-men-79.75

BS-83.30

BC-82.50

I was not at last nights Show so I do not know what happened. All I know is that the night before the spread between the Blues Stars and the Glassmen was one point and shrinking. And in 24 hours the spread had grew to darn near 4 points. The Blue Stars and BC must of preformed one heck of a Show last night. :thumbup: Because of those scores last night, heading into the Texas Shows most of the ranking models I use have BS ranked 7th, BC 8th, PR 9th, BK 10th, Glassmen 11th and Colts 12th.

The last Glassmen score before the Texas Shows was 79.75 i compared this score to Glassmen scores in the past at around this time in July over the years. The 09 scores are right on pace to score a top 8 spot. The 09 scores are also on pace to be another 11 place Show. With the Glassmen it is either top 8 or 11 or lower. There really is no in between for the Glassmen. We finished 10th once. Which side the scales tip this year will be determined by the 09 Glassmen Family Members. Do not let the judges decide the placement of the Corps. What I mean by that, is to perform a Show so powerful that the judges will have no choice but to score the Journey of One Show in the top 8.

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN

Please donate to the 500 supporting the Journey of 1 campaign

Be Safe

Dean

Houston we have a problem. The Glassmen have lost contact with the Blue Stars. :thumbup:

I have got to stop looking up the scores before I go to work. Looking at the spreads from last night scores was very much a surprise to me. How ironic, I was teaching a class about active listening today yet my mind was on last nights spreads. I do in fact understand that Drum Corps scores means nothing in ones journey through life.. And years from now the only way many of us will remember a score from when we marched would be to look in up on corpsrep. But for 2 months each year, they are very fun to watch and follow. :tongue:

That being said, the only way for many of us that can not go to a Show to follow the Glassmen on their 2 month tour is scores, reviews, DCP chatter, ranking models ect. I have now added DCI's ranking system when I look at ranking models.

And the best and most accurate information that I like to read goes something like this:

"I heard, from a 3rd cousin who's son marches with the Troopers who has a girlfriend in the Blue Stars who's sister marches with BC that the Glassmen will be making a change on page 89 in the dot book. Three days from tomorrow". :devil:

I, along with others on this thread have been following the Glassmen since the first day of competition till the present. So you have to know by now I am going to commit on last night scores and spreads. :thumbup:

July 13th 09

G-men-79.25

BS-80.25

BC-81.35

July 14th 09

G-men-79.75

BS-83.30

BC-82.50

I was not at last nights Show so I do not know what happened. All I know is that the night before the spread between the Blues Stars and the Glassmen was one point and shrinking. And in 24 hours the spread had grew to darn near 4 points. The Blue Stars and BC must of preformed one heck of a Show last night. :thumbup: Because of those scores last night, heading into the Texas Shows most of the ranking models I use have BS ranked 7th, BC 8th, PR 9th, BK 10th, Glassmen 11th and Colts 12th.

The last Glassmen score before the Texas Shows was 79.75 i compared this score to Glassmen scores in the past at around this time in July over the years. The 09 scores are right on pace to score a top 8 spot. The 09 scores are also on pace to be another 11 place Show. With the Glassmen it is either top 8 or 11 or lower. There really is no in between for the Glassmen. We finished 10th once. Which side the scales tip this year will be determined by the 09 Glassmen Family Members. Do not let the judges decide the placement of the Corps. What I mean by that, is to perform a Show so powerful that the judges will have no choice but to score the Journey of One Show in the top 8.

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN

Be Safe

Dean

guard lost a whole point on the sheets from 13th to the 14th so that opened it some.

July 13th 09

G-men-79.25

BS-80.25

BC-81.35

July 14th 09

G-men-79.75

BS-83.30

BC-82.50

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN

Be Safe

Dean

Debbie Torchia really did a number on the Glassmen last night. She scored the guard with a 15.3 in last place. I find this very odd in that 4 days earlier John Howell had the Glassmen guard in 1st with a 16.4! So, if you would add Howell score and throw out Torchia's then the Glassmen would have scored a 80.3. This .7 away from Blue Knights. Not sure what Torchia saw but I find it hard to believe that 15.3 was indeed the correct score.

Let's see how everything shakes out in San Antonio since it will be the first true head-to-head for ALL the corps. Judges tend to manage their numbers differently when there's more corps to rank/rate.

Debbie Torchia really did a number on the Glassmen last night. She scored the guard with a 15.3 in last place. I find this very odd in that 4 days earlier John Howell had the Glassmen guard in 1st with a 16.4! So, if you would add Howell score and throw out Torchia's then the Glassmen would have scored a 80.3. This .7 away from Blue Knights. Not sure what Torchia saw but I find it hard to believe that 15.3 was indeed the correct score.

I agree... we attended both shows. Guard was awsome at both and the scoring was weird to say the least. No way the guard was not way better than BS at Ocean Spgs.

On the show in general.. We saw the show with the new ballad at Valdosta. , and again at Ft Walton, and Ocean springs. (as well as the Orlando rainout)

The change is just what the show needed. It really ties the whole package together. Look for a breakout performance in Houston tonight.

I agree... we attended both shows. Guard was awsome at both and the scoring was weird to say the least. No way the guard was not way better than BS at Ocean Spgs.

On the show in general.. We saw the show with the new ballad at Valdosta. , and again at Ft Walton, and Ocean springs. (as well as the Orlando rainout)

The change is just what the show needed. It really ties the whole package together. Look for a breakout performance in Houston tonight.

wish i could see them tonight

Yep, scoring has been "inconsistent" all across the board so far this season. Gmen really need to break it loose tonight and tomorrow before going into San Antonio. They will be "slotted"..er I mean ranked according to their averages for appearance Sat night. This years show IS NOT an 11th place show. If they can clean up the visuals and a little brass I think they can jump.

Yep, scoring has been "inconsistent" all across the board so far this season. Gmen really need to break it loose tonight and tomorrow before going into San Antonio. They will be "slotted"..er I mean ranked according to their averages for appearance Sat night. This years show IS NOT an 11th place show. If they can clean up the visuals and a little brass I think they can jump.

sopranos are cooking thats were all the great comments i hear come from