Marching timpani

Odd site [such as it is] and the vid doesn't play, either.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not advocating that they make a comeback, but a good tymp line looks bad ### like nothing else!

I'm not advocating that they make a comeback, but a good tymp line looks bad ### like nothing else!

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Anybody know who this is? It's from 1971 parade in Lynn. Canadian I suspect.

Edited by baja

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Anybody know who this is? It's from 1971 parade in Lynn. Canadian I suspect.

Cadets LaSalle, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

They're the reason why I worked at my French language lessons in school but was too shy to say hi. Nice photo. Thanks. :thumbup:

One of those "wow" moments concerning drum corps when I was just noticing the activity was 27th Lancer's tymp line comming around the track playing a walk-off beat as the corps trooped the stands after a show, in either 1972 or '73. Those 4 guys playing an amazing beat and cranking thier arms off in the process. A moment that has stuck with me a long time.

Edited by j.morgus

One of those "wow" moments concerning drum corps when I was just noticing the activity was 27th Lancer's tymp line comming around the track playing a walk-off beat as the corps trooped the stands after a show, in either 1972 or '73. Those 4 guys playing an amazing beat and cranking thier arms off in the process. A moment that has stuck with me a long time.

Well - I hope you enjoyed it because you won't see anything like it again. :thumbup:

No offense to anyone.... but I still think those marching tymps looked bizarre then, and even more so now.

However, my opinion is obviously in the minority on this thread. :thumbup:

Fran

No offense to anyone.... but I still think those marching tymps looked bizarre then, and even more so now.

However, my opinion is obviously in the minority on this thread. :thumbup:

Fran

So for the best of both worlds, hit up 27th 1983. Four timps, grounded, hitting and cranking like nobody's friggin' business. An amazing sight. I called them "Charlie Poole's Hit'n' Crank Show."