OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

A live review from last nights quarter-finals directly from the 'venue' in Indi.

Bob984 (today @ 12:01)

Madison......they were fairly strong in the 1st half of the show......arrangements are not up to the caliber of the corps.....

visual design ok......endings not fully developed musically.......execution was ok across the board, but this

is another group in desperate need of an arranger............

.......Again, more evidence via consistent comments from the entire season. It's without a doubt the Men of Madison have nothing to be ashamed of! They worked their collective

tails off in classic Madison form. It's just a crying shame the Men didn't have the vehicle they deserved, because they certainly had the talent to take the next step beyond last

years finish, and they were eager to do so!

This really leaves some serious questions to be addressed in the off season. The most consistent areas of concern that have been communicated to me by those who've been

very close to the corps (alumni, etc) throughout the summer fall into the areas of Design, Concept, Writing/Arranging (not necessarily in that order). And I

heard this over and over and over and over and OVER again!

Please........PLEASE, can we just figure this thing out before next season?

In the mean time, lets hope (and pray) for a high retention rate!

Edited by Mad75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with prettymuch everything you said. I don't know if the uniform will change, but I would love to see the 1988-2002 look, and can you imagine the crowd reaction if that happens.

I don't think it would illicit the reaction you'd think. As great as the unis were I think considering the number of uniform changes the Scouts have done it would be overshadowed by another feeling of, "Wow, ANOTHER uniform change!?"

I don't think it would illicit the reaction you'd think. As great as the unis were I think considering the number of uniform changes the Scouts have done it would be overshadowed by another feeling of, "Wow, ANOTHER uniform change!?"

If you know scouts have had over 19 uniforms.... Why would you think they would NOT change uniforms 19 more times?

If you want to talk about a corps with tradition..... this is a huge part of what they do.... Never look the same...

They ain't Cadets.... And they also wore THAT uniform as well.......

(WOW the Cadets/Garfield/Holy Name are in the same uniform :tongue: )

Edited by Cop

I'm quite sure that going back to the '88-'02 uniform would cause just as much talk (and controversy) as all of the previous changes since '02 have. Let's count...since '02 they have changed the uniform exactly 5 times in 7 years. I'm not counting the addition of the sash this year as a uniform change. The change from '04 to '05 is questionable as an addition to that as well, but I included it anyway. Even without that change, it's still 4 times in 7 years. Quite a lot in my opinion. As much as I'd love to see the '88-'02 uniform on the field again, I don't think now is the time. What I WOULD like to see would be switching to white pants with the green stripe. I love the stripe...and regardless of how exposed it is as far as cleanliness in the feet goes, I want to see it back. If nothing else, it'll reinforce the need for something the Scouts were known for...great marching technique and clean feet. Not to mention how classy it is and how it adds just the right element to the otherwise bland look of the stark white.

Besides, a change to white pants would essentially create an updated, classy redesign of the '88-'02 uniform. Best of both worlds!

look i love madison and they had this year ....the show just was a little weak...nothing you can do about that now....but im all about white pants....i think all these corps switching to black is cop-out.....even my beloved bluecoats did it....yea black hides more mistakes but since when is drum corps about taking the easy way out just get a couple of points....its definitely not the scouts way of doing things

A live review from last nights quarter-finals directly from the 'venue' in Indi.

Bob984 (today @ 12:01)

Madison......they were fairly strong in the 1st half of the show......arrangements are not up to the caliber of the corps.....

visual design ok......endings not fully developed musically.......execution was ok across the board, but this

is another group in desperate need of an arranger............

.......Again, more evidence via consistent comments from the entire season. It's without a doubt the Men of Madison have nothing to be ashamed of! They worked their collective

tails off in classic Madison form. It's just a shame the Men didn't have the vehicle they deserved, because they certainly had the talent to take the next step beyond last

years finish, and they were eager to do so!

This really leaves some serious questions to be addressed in the off season. The most consistent areas of concern that have been communicated to me by those who've been

very close to the corps (alumni, etc) throughout the summer fall into the areas of Design, Concept, Writing/Arranging (not necessarily in that order). And I

heard this over and over and over and over and OVER again!

Please........PLEASE, can we just figure this thing out before next season?

In the mean time, lets hope (and pray) for a high retention rate!

I couldn't agree more! I saw them practice today...and the talent is there. I hope they take off running...right now...for next year....no time better than the present!

I'm quite sure that going back to the '88-'02 uniform would cause just as much talk (and controversy) as all of the previous changes since '02 have. Let's count...since '02 they have changed the uniform exactly 5 times in 7 years. I'm not counting the addition of the sash this year as a uniform change. The change from '04 to '05 is questionable as an addition to that as well, but I included it anyway. Even without that change, it's still 4 times in 7 years. Quite a lot in my opinion. As much as I'd love to see the '88-'02 uniform on the field again, I don't think now is the time. What I WOULD like to see would be switching to white pants with the green stripe. I love the stripe...and regardless of how exposed it is as far as cleanliness in the feet goes, I want to see it back. If nothing else, it'll reinforce the need for something the Scouts were known for...great marching technique and clean feet. Not to mention how classy it is and how it adds just the right element to the otherwise bland look of the stark white.

Besides, a change to white pants would essentially create an updated, classy redesign of the '88-'02 uniform. Best of both worlds!

"

Here's why white pants and the Scouts are the perfect marriage!

White pants just scream Madison........it's gutsy and bold, just like Scouts! There's no hiding, it says "hear I am baby".......bang! I'm in your face! (but......you've got to have the right attitude to pull it off, I.E., no fear hear man!) White pants speak of daring, commitment and confidence, in other words, it telegraphs to the rest of the drum corps community and fans alike that, "yea, you bet were exposed, and we like it just fine that way, cause we live on the edge and we're always up to the challenge! White pants clearly differentiates you from the turf and from most of the competition........and, this is a good thing! Just like certain animals rely on camouflage and color to fool or intimidate a predator, white pants simply "pop" and make the corps look substantially larger in overall numbers.......again, an advantage!

White pants=swagger, and nobody else comes close to the Sultans of Swagger.......the Madison Scouts!

Give the guys back one of their classic exclamation points, and it will help bring the universe back into balance.

Edited by Mad75

"

Here's why white pants and the Scouts are the perfect marriage!

White pants just scream Madison........it's gutsy and bold, just like Scouts! There's no hiding, it says "hear I am baby".......bang! I'm in your face! (but......you've got to have the right attitude to pull it off, I.E., no fear hear man!) White pants speak of daring, commitment and confidence, in other words, it telegraphs to the rest of the drum corps community and fans alike that, "yea, you bet were exposed, and we like it just fine that way, cause we live on the edge and we're always up to the challenge! White pants clearly differentiates you from the turf and from most of the competition........and, this is a good thing! Just like certain animals rely on camouflage and color to fool or intimidate a predator, white pants simply "pop" and make the corps look substantially larger in overall numbers.......again, an advantage!

White pants=swagger, and nobody else comes close to the Sultans of Swagger.......the Madison Scouts!

Give the guys back one of their classic exclamation points, and it will help bring the universe back into balance.

I thought the goal with the new uni was to go to white pants once the corps was up to par?

(so wait longer)

It'd be nice to see them back in white pants.

But that won't return them to where they want to be.