OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

well of course not...i just think it says alot about a corps....personally

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not writing to incite any bad feelings between the Crossmen and Scouts, but why do current members of the corps find it necessary to steal things from the Crossmen? Tonight, the corps flipped the bird to the Crossmen and then proceeded to steal and trash an age-out's uniform. I had hoped that the Scouts had gotten it out of their system after stealing things from our truck in 2007 but I guess not. If you have connections with the current corps, please do something to fix this perception of the corps that has formed in the Crossmen's mind. This sort of stuff is bush league and repulsive. When I marched we never had any beef with the Scouts and always enjoyed the competition between the two corps. Why now do these things happen? I mean since neither corps make finals, do they have to legitimize their season by stealing other corps stuff? I hope they can figure out why they are really in drum corps and get their acts together. Thanks and like I said this isn't meant to cause a war between the two corps.

im not with the corps....but i like several parts of y'all show this year.....especially that G ....that was tight

The super hero Replago, despite efforts from some of the best staff members and talented young men in drum corps, won’t be rising from the dead again. Replago’s life has come to an end. He will be greatly missed this Saturday night. May he rest in peace.

2 years ago the Scouts gave us a show based on an Iguana. This years show was based on a cartoonish charachter, Relampago.

Whats next? I'm afraid to find out. I know that Ramiro Barera has had success with the Blue Devils, but please...no more Scouts shows from him...ever.

I hope Madison can right the ship & get back on their feet.

yea that iguana show was a major let down to me...mainly cause it was a year after carmen and that show was GREAT!

2 years ago the Scouts gave us a show based on an Iguana. This years show was based on a cartoonish charachter, Relampago.

Whats next? I'm afraid to find out. I know that Ramiro Barera has had success with the Blue Devils, but please...no more Scouts shows from him...ever.

I hope Madison can right the ship & get back on their feet.

That was 1 year ago. :)

And I don't know what would have been next...

maybe a show about Mexican Astronauts? :tongue:

yea ur right two year was the led show which i actually liked and then was the african show that was a let down to me....yea i get the years confused sometimes

Not writing to incite any bad feelings between the Crossmen and Scouts, but why do current members of the corps find it necessary to steal things from the Crossmen? Tonight, the corps flipped the bird to the Crossmen and then proceeded to steal and trash an age-out's uniform. I had hoped that the Scouts had gotten it out of their system after stealing things from our truck in 2007 but I guess not. If you have connections with the current corps, please do something to fix this perception of the corps that has formed in the Crossmen's mind. This sort of stuff is bush league and repulsive. When I marched we never had any beef with the Scouts and always enjoyed the competition between the two corps. Why now do these things happen? I mean since neither corps make finals, do they have to legitimize their season by stealing other corps stuff? I hope they can figure out why they are really in drum corps and get their acts together. Thanks and like I said this isn't meant to cause a war between the two corps.

That's disappointing if it's true. Though if it's playful between corps I wouldn't mind. I know Scouts and Racine Scouts(?) have had annual pillow fights, but I've never heard about stuff like this. I'll take it with a grain of salt for now until other people confirm your story..

And on a more idiotic note, had they done this to one of the top corps like Blue Devils or Cavaliers I probably would've laughed for a little bit before coming to reality.

A TOTALLY CLASS LESS ACT .

Flipping the bird in public to several corps buses .

stealing .... In any way shape or form ......

returning another corps uniform in a trash bag...

Madison ALUMNI your corps is not showing the class you have developed for years as a state of the art classy organization.

This is not harmless fun. This is a total SLAP in the fav=ce to every MADISON SCOUT ALUMNI .

DCI should and WILL hear about this.

For the record . I personally say Many members of the MADISON SCOUTS flipping the bird to at least 3 corps in buses as the other corps were were leaving .

All in total view of the public.

Before all of this stuff gets out of hand here, I think it'd be best to wait for verification outside of DCP. Until then, these posts have no validity. Not calling anyone a liar, but this IS still a relatively anonymous message board. If there was indeed an incident, I'm sure it will be dealt with swiftly and decisively...and most certainly not here.