OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

I just got back from tonights practice. It is very obvious that the Corps is WAY WAY ahead of last year. I got there just in time to help a bit with dinner. As I sat and watched as the guys came in, the first thing I noticed is the massive guard. 36, the largest ever in Scouts history. I had read on another post about the guard size but was skeptical, but to my surprise, those numbers are accurate. I went down to the practice field after dinner and watched tonights complete practice. The Corps first worked on there ballad and wow, it is just beautiful. Best sounding ballad I have heard from the Scouts in years. They moved on to "Mambo" and man, talk about notes. That song is littered with notes and will take a TON of work to get clean. Wow, what a cool piece. Towards the end, they worked on opener and this was the cleanest piece by far. Musically the songs I heard were loaded with latin sounds and the hint of Malaga is very cool. Obviously the Corps has lots of work to do, but from what I heard tonight, im not worried about the Scouts this year. I should also mention that the drill is very challenging, they were marching very fast in some spots and I dont remember any segments from last years show that matches the speeds I saw tonight. A very interesting comment I got from Dann Petersen was he is very pleased with the status thus far. He said the Corps is (right now) where he thought they would be in 2010. Basically thinking it would take them another year to be where they are now. Time shall tell.

I am very excited about the 09 Scouts, and when you see them, you will be too.

Go Scouts!!!

I auditioned at the December camp (to no avail obviously), and that was one of the things the staff made clear. They weren't going to take the "I didn't do anything between camps" thing. By your description it seems to have payed off! Really hoping the show itself matches up to the reports I'm hearing. I'm a little on edge about the superhero thing so far, but we'll see.

POW

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I auditioned at the December camp (to no avail obviously), and that was one of the things the staff made clear. They weren't going to take the "I didn't do anything between camps" thing. By your description it seems to have payed off! Really hoping the show itself matches up to the reports I'm hearing. I'm a little on edge about the superhero thing so far, but we'll see.

POW

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. I dunno why, but I always got the impression that you were beyond the age of auditioning for the corps....must be the avatar. haha :thumbup:

I just got back from tonights practice. It is very obvious that the Corps is WAY WAY ahead of last year.

Great report! Thanks!

GO SCOUTS!

Only a few till I have my own personal snoop at Scout camp ! She told me she was not going to have time to take pics.,video,record music, find and take pics. of the unis. and cook for the guy's. :peek: I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks and just see for myself ! :peek:

Bill

"POW !!! "

Go Scouts! POW!!!

Can't wait to see the guys at camp this coming Wednesday!

Go Scouts! Woot. POW!!!

¡POW!