OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Madison, you rock! Boys, keep up the good work and just leave those "two" corps behind, and never look back. I had a great opportunity to talk privately with several members at the Dubuque show, of all places the "smoothie" bar at the bottom of the hill. Very humble, gracious to the other corps, very cool Madison. You boys are a credit to your corps and will go all the way! Congratulations on your victory tonight too!

Go Gettem' Madison!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very humble, gracious to the other corps, very cool Madison.

Go Gettem' Madison!!! :thumbup:

I was walking around in the parking lots on Sunday and I saw what seemed to be the Madison cymbal line make the effort to find the Colts cymbal line and shake hands and introduce themselves. Perhaps this goes on a lot with other corps, too. In any case -- and as much as there are changes in the activity I can't stand -- I really do appreciate the high level of sportsmanship, professionalism, and comraderie that seems to exist among some corps these days.

Glad to hear of the cymbal line's sportsmanship! I talked with my son after the Madison show - they were pumped in spite of their placement and felt they had marched a very good show. They do have more material for the second half, so we can expect to see and hear new things in future shows.

I disagree with some earlier postings concerning the show in Madison. They were way ahead of their performance last year at this same show, IMO. I thought the first half of the show - into the ballad, did have that POW factor. The crowd around us was going nuts and they weren't all alumni and parents! After the ballad I thought the show slumped, but we can hope for new things in that section soon. Guard uniforms were awesome and red sash adds a lot to the corps uniforms. Perhaps the cut of the jacket is not great for horn players when horns are up and the sash accents that problem a bit, but they look really great from the back - DM uni. is great as well.

All that said, can't say as I can hum any of the tunes in the show, but I couldn't after one hearing last year either. We won't see another live show until Indy, but will certainly tune into the fan network for regionals and I'm hoping the music grows on me.

Glad to hear of the cymbal line's sportsmanship! I talked with my son after the Madison show - they were pumped in spite of their placement and felt they had marched a very good show.

I almost had to laugh at when the pit was tearing down their stuff (from encore) and the scores were being read. None of the guys seemed the least bit phased by their announced placement and score, which was not the case in the crowd, where I sat.

The show has a lot of visual dirt. As that's cleaned I think they'll be fine. It's an exciting show.

Congratulations and good luck to your son and thee rest of the corps!

PIONEER JUST BEAT MADISON AND COLTS IN GE VISUAL

6/30/09

L

Can you post the scores?

Got my tickets front and center in ATL, POW! I can't wait to hear more vids and see the boys of madison grow. it's a great show, let's see it happen Scouts!

Just wanted to thank the alumni, parents and friends of the Scouts who helped as volunteers at South Milwaukee. The evening ran smoothly in great part because of your efforts. Thanks for saying "Yes" when I contacted you to ask your help.

Can you post the scores?

GE visual -Dubuque, IA 6/30/09

CORPS -------------REP------PRFM-----TOTAL

SPIRIT-------------7.10-------6.50--------13.60

PIONEER-----------7.00-------6.30--------13.30

MADISON----------6.80-------6.40--------13.20

COLTS--------------6.70-------6.30--------13.00

GE Visual Gary Czapinski

WOW !!!!!

I hope our guard hangs tough when we start getting guard judges..

Edited by Cop

To me, DCI scoring makes no sense so I try to ignore it. I attended the South Milwaukee show on July 1 and I thought the Scouts put on a really great and entertaining show. I also enjoyed the Scouts' stand still performance. As a fan, that is all I ask of them.

Vic Russell