OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

I agree with the late season surges the last few years, but one thing that would REALLY help is if the Scouts learned the show earlier. It was less than a week before the first show when they started learning the closer this year. It seems to me that waiting so long to learn the last tune really puts them at a disadvantage, and sets up a slow start to the season.

This is no different than a lot of corps. Blue Devils and Bluecoats, for a couple, did not learn the closers until AFTER their first shows this year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I agree with the late season surges the last few years, but one thing that would REALLY help is if the Scouts learned the show earlier. It was less than a week before the first show when they started learning the closer this year. It seems to me that waiting so long to learn the last tune really puts them at a disadvantage, and sets up a slow start to the season.

I'd kill to get another '98 somewhere in the next 3 seasons or so. Not the same music or anything. Just that it was straight-up, in-your-face jazz with a cool design (guard in the same uniform as the corps)....plus Remembrance! That is quite possibly my favorite drum corps song ever. But I digress... :thumbup:

A- ####-ing- Men.

You sir, are a winner.

I'd kill to get another '98 somewhere in the next 3 seasons or so. Not the same music or anything. Just that it was straight-up, in-your-face jazz with a cool design (guard in the same uniform as the corps)....plus Remembrance! That is quite possibly my favorite drum corps song ever. But I digress... :thumbup:

The funny thing is...

At the end of this past school year I thought I'd play a couple DCI DVDs for my junior high and high school band students to give them some exposure of marching outside of rural western Ohio. I played 1998 Scouts since I have always liked it and they wanted to see the group where I marched. Anyhow, they seemed to like it ok, maybe only for my sake. I think if the Scouts had chosen to open the show with Crazy Train rather than Lupon or Swingin' Pete (Peer Gynt) they might have won over a few more fans in this area.

I NEED to get them to see a live show. That should take care of this business.

Maybe you shoulda hit them with '95. I know that's the show that I usually use to introduce people to drum corps. But '98 was BALLS!! Crank up the CD and that opening hit will take your head off.

Plus it has my favorite fan yell ever at the beginning right before the hornline screams in your face: "real drum corps!!" :thumbup:

####. Is it just me or are we in for a mighty interesting summer between Madison, Colts and Spirit?

####. Is it just me or are we in for a mighty interesting summer between Madison, Colts and Spirit?

Possibly. But I think the next week will show whether they keep it close or one starts to pull away from the pack. I think the latter, so we'll see.

I'd like to be pulling for a mighty interesting summer between Madison, Phantom, Cadets, BD, etc. Hopefully that's the standard the corps is shooting for.

I haven't gotten to see the whole show yet and I got injured after only learning the opener (and watching them set the second tune)... do they do the rotating line this year?