Official 2009 Crossmen Thread

Where is the corps staying in NJ??

Hey Scott,

I contacted Joe two days ago asking the same question still no reply. My son mentioned something about heading to NYC tonight so maybe they are housed in north Jersey.

You may want to contact Joe.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scott,

I contacted Joe two days ago asking the same question still no reply. My son mentioned something about heading to NYC tonight so maybe they are housed in north Jersey.

You may want to contact Joe.

I know we're in Secaucus. I will check in a little bit once I'm done counting souvie receipts for the last few shows.

I know we're in Secaucus. I will check in a little bit once I'm done counting souvie receipts for the last few shows.

Thanks Taylor...love that you are overloaded with receipts :)

Spent a few hours watching the hornline rehearse today at Secaucus High School. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see any ensemble rehearsal because the corps stopped early to bring the members into Manhattan for a free night. They spent the bulk of time I was there working on fundamental brass technique and cleaning key moments during each section of the show to create more aggressive impacts. It was great to catch up for a bit with fellow alumni who are currently teaching the corps or volunteering. I'm looking forward to seeing the corps in action tomorrow at Jackson HS.

This might have already been discussed further back in the thread...but does the guard have their uniforms yet? I heard there was a further dely but that was a couple of days ago.

hopefully tomorrow

but... they should've already had them by now, so I don't know how accurate tomorrow will end up being.

I hope the members and staff had a good time. I work in Manhattan and I'm hoping they enjoyed my 2nd home.

Now, we have what looks like a good day for practice and night for drum corps.

This might have already been discussed further back in the thread...but does the guard have their uniforms yet? I heard there was a further dely but that was a couple of days ago.

I just heard that half of them arrived today. I don't know if that means some of the guard will wear them tonight.

It's a real shame this delay had to happen. I believe this will be the first show with a full judges panel, including a color guard score.

A lot of alumni will be in the stands as well.

(Not blaming the corps. I know it's not their fault.)