Auditioning for 2010?

is this a trick question?

:peek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some reason they always march baritone

probably because there are fewer natural baritone players than other instruments... that is just my guess though. Your chances of learning the trumpet and marching DCI are significantly less than learning baritone. I would guess that corps usually have woodwind players in both the baritone and mello section each year. They might even have tuba players who don't play Tuba as their first instrument.

(I am a saxophone --> baritone)

colts plates :)

I plan on going back to Spirit. I marched last year and, unfortunately, could not afford to return this year.

probably because there are fewer natural baritone players than other instruments... that is just my guess though. Your chances of learning the trumpet and marching DCI are significantly less than learning baritone. I would guess that corps usually have woodwind players in both the baritone and mello section each year. They might even have tuba players who don't play Tuba as their first instrument.

(I am a saxophone --> baritone)

baritone is not natural because alot of the players are trombone. Do corps use TC or BC for baritones? I will just stick with my trumpet.

Glassmen or Blue Knights. Probably Glassmen.

what do you play

baritone is not natural because alot of the players are trombone. Do corps use TC or BC for baritones? I will just stick with my trumpet.

When I marched they had treble and bass since it was only a matter of a few mouse clicks to dash off each one.

Probably Boston, Bluecoats and Surf. If not, I'll be going home, if I have a home to go to...

ETA: I also switched from saxophone to euphonium. It was odd, all of our baris read bass clef, but the euphs read treble.

Edited by Dir_en_X

I wonder if there might be a few people in this thread who could possibly march this summer if they went out and filled some holes in the corps that are looking or joined a DCA corps. Many of them are probably working to save money this summer, but I bet there might be some that are doing nothing this summer and wasting the opportunity to just get out there and do it.