Saw Synthesizers for the First Time in DCI Tonight

I second that! If INT has one, UNC needs one as well!

0308-7574-m.jpg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to state for the record that the first use of Synth in Drum Corps went quite well, Back in 1985... Do some research :D

I would like to state for the record that the first use of Synth in Drum Corps went quite well, Back in 1985... Do some research :D

Don't need to.

Boston Crusaders: Axel Foley's Theme from Beverly Hills Cop.

BOOYAH! :thumbup:

0308-7574-m.jpg

Oh, it's gotta have different colors than that. :thumbup:

We don't want to step on a trade mark or anything... :smile:

Don't need to.

Boston Crusaders: Axel Foley's Theme from Beverly Hills Cop.

BOOYAH! :thumbup:

You are Correct!

And it went off without a problem, except the Penalty they took!

I think that changes the Ratio to 2-1 in favor of Synths

Bull-- whether or not synth use will add or subtract value to DCI performances is not a matter of fact. It's opinion. You're making just as a ridiculous extrapolation as what you're accusing other people of doing with your sarcastic paraphrasing and by doing so are just as guilty of framing your own opinion as the "right" one.

Yes I am. Thank you for noticing.

if it has to be plugged into electricity it doesn't belong in Drum Corps

and on this point, you and I disagree. You use a generator for the souvie booth don't you?

Electricity is no longer thought to be an evil tool of the devil. Embrace electricity. Heaven knows we pay enough to use it.

I highly doubt that this will be the only issue with see with synths this season. I have seen many examples of issues with electronic synth equipment from the marching band world for decades. Let me also be clear by saying I hope there no issues with any of the corps equipment/setups this summer.

Tom.....I am some issue with your tone regarding the identification of the corps. As I had already mentioned.....I don't it would be appropriate to single out this one corps. Maybe that's the way you like to conduct things.....

Facts do matter. As I said...I have seen many examples of issues with electronic synth equipment from the marching band world for decades.

I've seen my share of tears in productions, horns out of tune, drummers out of step. So they should all be banned too...right?

Eliminating poor execution is not limited to the use of a synthesizer. Let's be clear on that FACT.