Progressive rule changes you would LIKE to see?

yes yes yes. which ever helps

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After aging out in 1980, I was a huge fan for several years and drove to many contests. I've not see a drum & brass band (what they really are now) for at least 20 years.

I propose that the activity needs to go back to it's roots. Drop the Bb stuff and go back to G bugles. Dump the pit with maybe the exception of timpani and go back to marching percussion. Keep the limit at 128 on the field.

Encourage the development/growth of smaller local corps to re-experience the days of 2-day prelims at larger shows.

And most of all, everyone in the activity should go back to a more military presence and stop this running around the field with random drills.

After aging out in 1980, I was a huge fan for several years and drove to many contests. I've not see a drum & brass band (what they really are now) for at least 20 years.

I propose that the activity needs to go back to it's roots. Drop the Bb stuff and go back to G bugles. Dump the pit with maybe the exception of timpani and go back to marching percussion. Keep the limit at 128 on the field.

Encourage the development/growth of smaller local corps to re-experience the days of 2-day prelims at larger shows.

And most of all, everyone in the activity should go back to a more military presence and stop this running around the field with random drills.

YES!!! This is the progress of which we speak! [/sarcasm]

I'm really curious as to what jeffsnewjetta, kusankusho, and MikeD would say to this post. :thumbup:

Forgive me...is there a possibility this was a troll post?

Just throwing it out there.

I don't think so. He's welcome to his opinion, too.

I will say that I think progress is still possible even if some rules are suspended, no matter the activity we're talking about.

and don't forget tanks.

army tanks...

AND

dunk tanks!

with the sharks in them so you have the tank with water effects and animals. pitch that to hop.