Progressive rule changes you would LIKE to see?

We always hear about how the new changes and whatnot are bad, but what do some of you guys want to see in terms of rule changes?

For me, I'd love to see woodwinds and strings in the pit. I know that's a controversial idea, but that's what I think. I just don't think that it would kill drum corps if the Blue Devils had a sax player or if Phantom had a small string quintet. Could you imagine The Red Violin WITH VIOLINS? I guess I'm a little biased though, because I'd love to be able to go to a drum corps with my best instrument.

What about you guys? Anything you would want to see?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily a rule change persay, but I would like to see some more innovative brass instrumentation. Like Bluecoats this year with the 16 Flugels.

You'll probably get burned for it soon, so let me say that I'm right there with you; I'd enjoy seeing a woodwind soloist or string ensemble in the pit area, now that they can be amplified and heard effectively.

As long as it helps with show development, I'm probably going to be okay with it.

i'd like to see nothing for a while too. and if want to see the few things dci doesnt have yet, i'll go to BOA

Not necessarily a rule change persay, but I would like to see some more innovative brass instrumentation. Like Bluecoats this year with the 16 Flugels.

Agreed. Brass intrumentation is what I'd like to see/hear more of.

Edited by shawn craig

I would like to see Drum Corps progress to the point of not needing to rely on any type of electronics or amplification. I'm sure that the activity can get there someday.