better then last year by far

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guard is cool. sash is not.

Yeah from the pic the Sash looks way too long

Seriously, the show ended probably less than 2 hours ago, and we already have scores, but people are #####ing about not having full recaps? The scores for a show in Chambersburg, PA are up and available for viewing by the entire world (except maybe Iran). Stop and think about how amazing that is.

I have a video to explain this phenomenon:

nice :)

I thought the first time Crown beat Cadets was in Orlando? I remember because I was in Denver at DATR, and everybody around me was freaking out. I could be wrong though. And I apologize if this has been addressed already.

They did, but then the Cadets won some after until later in the season

So lame DCI doesn't have a full panel of judges. This is absurd. No guard judge? No brass judge? What's the point? Or, did I miss something?

They did the same thing last year...Till mid season in order to save $$$$

Uh, it really depends more on if the crew has to pull out of the stadium quickly so the facility can be shut down. Then, it depends on how long it takes for the poster to get back to the hotel, get the computer set up again, enter all the numbers, have all the numbers checked for accuracy and get it posted. If it's been a rough day, they might feel a need to stop and get something to eat first.

Often, the person posting the recaps is not at that particular show and also has other recaps to do as well. Considering they don't typically go to bed until the recaps are posted, it's safe to assume they would like to get them up as soon as possible.

Even a few hours is WAY faster than the recaps were posted just a few years ago before this Internet thingy got to be so ubiquitous. It wasn't that terribly long ago we didn't see recaps until they were printed in Drum Corps World. Only recently has the quick posting of recaps become more an immediate possibility, and considering all the things the posters sometimes have to go through, a few hours is still rather immediate.

It's a thankless job and they do the best they can to get the info out as soon as possible. But sometimes they have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the info from the show site and then get things set up to post to DCI.org.

I think all the people that did reviews on the shows last year did a great job. It is very appreciated by many people. Thanks keep up the good work.

Paula, you are still a BAC Mom, cause David is still in the BAC Family. It's something that never leaves you!

Jay, you're right. Thank you for reminding me.

Paula :rolleyes: