Cabs at the beach

Here's hoping!

Go Bucs!

Great. Nothing like competition without any drama.

I'm a Cabs fan and if they won it 4 times in a row I would feel uncomfortable that my corps was taking the "fun" out of it for a lot of fans.

I may or may not be in Rochester this year, but I'm not looking forward to another Buccs victory. Kind of boring if you aren't pulling for them.

Having said that, I certainly appreciate the effort and consistency. Just doesn't make the season real exciting for me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Nothing like competition without any drama.

I'm a Cabs fan and if they won it 4 times in a row I would feel uncomfortable that my corps was taking the "fun" out of it for a lot of fans.

I may or may not be in Rochester this year, but I'm not looking forward to another Buccs victory. Kind of boring if you aren't pulling for them.

Having said that, I certainly appreciate the effort and consistency. Just doesn't make the season real exciting for me.

I don't think I would ever decide to attend finals based on competition. I think it just adds a cherry on top if there are some head-to-head matchups. With that being said, the season is early. Personally, this does not surprise me at all. I wasn't predicting some Cabs upset, I was however thinking Bush would be closer.

For the record, I find just as much drama in the fight to get into Finals or the switching of placements as I do the eventual champion. I see your point, but I am happy the Bucs have pushed DCA to a new level. If you want to beat them, you have to do what they do, better. :thumbup:

I think dynasties can be great wake-up calls to all of the other corps... it makes us better in the long run.

Not so fast with the dynasty talk quite yet. Only 3.725 between Bucs and Cabs. I figure there may be a corps or two between them as well. The caption sheets will tell the real story. If Bucs swept the captions, folks may be in for a LONG year.....

Not so fast with the dynasty talk quite yet. Only 3.725 between Bucs and Cabs. I figure there may be a corps or two between them as well.

:tongue:

Not so fast with the dynasty talk quite yet. Only 3.725 between Bucs and Cabs. I figure there may be a corps or two between them as well. The caption sheets will tell the real story. If Bucs swept the captions, folks may be in for a LONG year.....

Well the recap is up... Bucs swept all the captions. lol

On another note, props to DCA to getting out the scores fast, and the recaps up pretty quick!

Well the recap is up... Bucs swept all the captions. lol

On another note, props to DCA to getting out the scores fast, and the recaps up pretty quick!

Yep, Bucs swept all captions/subcaptions accross every sheet indicating perhaps a much more convincing win than scores might show. Cab's scores indicate a pretty solid first show effort going up against the defending champs, however there will likely be a corp or two (maybe three) between them and the Bucs once everything shakes out over the next few weeks. Cab's prospects for a championship based on this placing (read: slotting), seems improbable at the moment. Didn't really look at Bush's recaps, however this is historically a corp that can make up ground over the course of the season. Can they overtake the Cabs?

For what it's worth, Minnesota Brass came out last night with a 73.125 at the Drum Beauty show. Yeah I know, apples to oranges, :tongue: especially being halfway across the country, but it apparently was a solid showing for a first show.

yes... it is a slippery slope to compare scores from different panels - but it was DCA sheets - I congratulate them on a great start to 2009.