The West Des Moines Westauwant

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just left Blue Stars' visual rehearsal. I didn't stay too long, as my cranky two-year-old was being-- well, a cranky two-year-old. It's hot; 86 degrees at 10:30. Some of the members were struggling with the heat, but the ensemble as a whole seemed to be handling it fairly well. I'd venture a guess that the mental errors I was witnessing were more numerous than usual, and probably because of the heat/humidity. Can't wait to hear this group play tonight!

Blue Stars have had some challenges to start the season, two rain outs, a bus breakdown, trouble getting access to their Des Moines housing... Time to up the mental toughness and overcome. I have no doubt they will! Go Stars!

SPIRIT will ROCK!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

be careful there, you don't wanna get suspended again. LOL

Did I mention it was hot here today? Just got home from watching a few hours of Regiment practice. It was warm (the temperature reading when I got back in car was 106), but you'd never tell from watching them. They were really locked in. There's nothing like watching a really well-disciplined group rehearse, no matter the temperature. I moved around quite a bit, and it appeared to me that all of the sections were making good progress today.

And of course, the highlight of the day was having my hair parted by the hornline during horn warmup, which is always a treat. Tonight's going to be fun, although, with the possible exception of the Spirit/Madison battle, I think the competitive outcome is probably pretty well set.