Crown beat Cavies

Chill out... I have never marched...only HS...I'm not allowed to march...hence the question. My god, shoot me for asking a question. Chill out..sorry I'm trying to get Some experience before I even audition. Sorry I want to be informed!!

Consider yourself informed.

Mr. JW SCV 87 was right on with his observations.

+++

Make no mistake about it, the win tonight by Crown was huge, it was DCI history. Crown has instant credibility now, and they are a definite threat to win it all.

If you want to be a part of DCI history, stay tuned, and go to a stadium near you and watch Crown. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But Crown's staff is more than DVD. I think that the combination is quite good. I should have been more clear.

Yeah, they are great. AND, they are pretty much all DVD disciples, and it is no surprise that every year, they are getting better and closer to the top. I do love that sound! Good luck Crown!

I like the idea of Crown finishing anywhere in the top 3 this season. The implications....just imagine next season when people are considering where to march, the more talent that goes to Crown the less showing up at the other elites. Crown in top three means someone drops....I for one like a mix up at the top, it's good for business.

While it's still way too early to predict where Crown finishes in Indy, the milestone they passed tonight is no small event. Note that, should Crown manage to defeat Blue Devils this summer, they will have joined the ranks of corps which have defeated all the corps active during their existence. Bluecoats did it last in '07. Unfortunately, that season didn't turn out the way they may have hoped, but that is a big deal for any corps.

In 1998, in Columbus, Ohio, at the 2nd show of the year, Glassmen beat both Cavies and Phantom for the first time (talk about historical situations recurring). I was in the stands and I remember yelling after PR was announced in third, then totally losing it when Cavies were announced in 2nd, with tons of Glassmen fans and alumni in the stands just screaming their hearts out at an event that most of us only dreamed of when we marched. Let's let Crown savor the moment tonight. Their staff does have a lot of sense and will make sure the members don't lose focus when they step on the rehearsal field tomorrow morning.

It means you might be the first person to ever use that word on this forum. :tongue:

Well I mean...I kinda have to. I've never marched...he's had plenty of experience (I appologize I don't remember his name) but I mean...I kinda have to like i said earlier