Bigger does not mean better

If you have to go out with 30 horns that's fine - just make sure that they'll be better than anyone else's 30.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, I didn't read the part about being tenth, I thought he just said better. Even so, it's a dumb argument with no basis that people try to throw around. What exactly has changed?

Argument? It's not an argument, it's an opinion.

I remember those old corps, and it was sometimes torture to endure the little undersized outside-the-top-twelve corps so we could get to some top 6 corps, which is where the action was.

I listened to Troopers and Mandarins last night on the FN, both will likely be outside the top 12 at the end of the season. They were both fantastic, and I'd pay money to see either one. I would NOT pay money to see the #14ish groups from the 80's or 90's.

I remember those old corps, and it was sometimes torture to endure the little undersized outside-the-top-twelve corps so we could get to some top 6 corps, which is where the action was.

I listened to Troopers and Mandarins last night on the FN, both will likely be outside the top 12 at the end of the season. They were both fantastic, and I'd pay money to see either one. I would NOT pay money to see the #14ish groups from the 80's or 90's.

Ah, OK. I wouldn't say that judges would agree, though.

Yes my point exactly, to me they don't seem much better or worse.

I think "BOBSMYTH" (sp.) hit the nail right on the head.

Guess my query should have been more defined. Of course I was't trying to compare corps with 90 members to corps with 150. Just the difference between the last few year from say 125 to 150.

Gee, I think I would pay a lot to see Geneseo Knights, Troopers, VK in their Hawaiians, Alliance, Valley Fever, Avante Garde, Les Eclipses et al. I think I would even like to buy the DVDs, as I only have the high camera videos from the corps I marched with back then.

I think many people feel the same as I do, too!

Gee, I think I would pay a lot to see Geneseo Knights, Troopers, VK in their Hawaiians, Alliance, Valley Fever, Avante Garde, Les Eclipses et al. I think I would even like to buy the DVDs, as I only have the high camera videos from the corps I marched with back then.

I think many people feel the same as I do, too!

Ditto here, and don't forget Dutch Boy in the late 80s. The theme from the Jetsons was hot the year they did it.

Ditto here, and don't forget Dutch Boy in the late 80s. The theme from the Jetsons was hot the year they did it.

Yep! :thumbup:

I never understood this argument.

Yes, Cascades 2004 would place better than Cavaliers 1999. Mmmhmm.

You think people argue that corps A shouldn't have beaten corps B now? Imagine what the reaction on DCP would be if there were a show in which the Cascades 2004 show beat the Cavaliers 1999 show.

you don't understand a lot of arguments, do you?