First viewing since 2006

Just a quick question. I will be going to the San Antonio show this year. It will be my first live show since the Atlanta show in 2006. Initailly I was planning on not viewing any shows (via fan network or youtube ) til then. Even though it has been SOOOOO DIFFICULT :thumbup: ....I have done a pretty good job (only slipping up 2 or 3 times and they were only clips of shows). I guess I wanted to ask if anyone has ever held out from viewing a show all summer til they had gone to a live show, and if that made the viewing more enjoyable? (because they didnt know what expect), or less enjoyable? (because they didnt know what to expect/ look for/ listen for)

Thanks

That's actually what I try to do each season, if I know that I'm going to see most of the corps live at some point. I'll be going to my first show tonight, but I've managed to not hear or see anything from any corps so far. The way I see it, I'll always have a the audio and video recordings from finals, but I'll only get one chance to experience a show for the very first time. Since there's little argument that the best way to experience a drum corps show is live and in person, I'd prefer for that first experience to be the very best experience possible. It's worked well for me in the past. My most jaw-dropping moments have always been at a live show, never from an APD.

I've had the Fan Network for the past 2 seasons and it didn't lessen the excitement factor for me one bit. Seeing a show online is completely different than seeing the show live. Nothing will replace that excitement.

That's actually what I try to do each season, if I know that I'm going to see most of the corps live at some point. I'll be going to my first show tonight, but I've managed to not hear or see anything from any corps so far. The way I see it, I'll always have a the audio and video recordings from finals, but I'll only get one chance to experience a show for the very first time. Since there's little argument that the best way to experience a drum corps show is live and in person, I'd prefer for that first experience to be the very best experience possible. It's worked well for me in the past. My most jaw-dropping moments have always been at a live show, never from an APD.

Heh, you and I do the exact opposite. So many ways to enjoy drum corps. :thumbup:

If I have plans to attend any live shows, I don't look. It's sorta like peeking at your Christmas presents in that if lessens the excitement of Christmas morning.

If I have plans to attend any live shows, I don't look. It's sorta like peeking at your Christmas presents in that if lessens the excitement of Christmas morning.

I memorize each and every show I plan on seeing musically before I see any live shows...I've been doing this for the past four years or so and it works really well.

Heh, you and I do the exact opposite. So many ways to enjoy drum corps. :thumbup:

Quite true. It's all about finding what works best for you. :tongue:

Quite true. It's all about finding what works best for you. :thumbup:

Exactly. to refer to the christmas present analogy, I was always one of those little stinkers who tried to peek if at all possible (Usually I didn't get to though). For me it was the knowledge of my presents, knowing full well that I couldn't wait till Christmas until I could actually utilize my presents. I find it the same with Drum Corps, I like knowing what their show sounds like, what they're trying to achieve by seeing it online, and then going to see a show live to fully experience it.

god, I hope I don't have kids like me...

Well, for me...I like getting to see and hear the show rep and get a general idea of what the show looks like a la FN so that when I get to see and hear the live performance, it either blows me away, or just reminds me of the live feed.

If the show does make me jump out of me seat at the end of the show live or from a live feed, it's still drum corps!

STOP SUCKING

Travis

Well, for me...I like getting to see and hear the show rep and get a general idea of what the show looks like a la FN so that when I get to see and hear the live performance, it either blows me away, or just reminds me of the live feed.

If the show does make me jump out of me seat at the end of the show live or from a live feed, it's still drum corps!

STOP SUCKING

Travis

You stop sucking Pacifica!!!!!! :thumbup: