11 Troopers 65.700

12 Madison Scouts 65.40

FYI

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't you read the whole post!!!

"Yes, you are allowed not to like Spirit because of their use of the newly-allowed instrumentation. By the same token, we ARE allowed to like Spirit for the same reason. And a lot of us do."

I did read it the first time. Did you read all of mine? See the beginning where I state that I don't doubt that any of what he says is true?

I'm not saying that people can't like the show, don't like the show, couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't like the show.

I simply stated that the show has made a lot iof people unhappy. This is a fact taht can be easily demonstrated by looking elsewhere in this forum.

I'm sorry the reality seems to strike a nerve -- I don't mean to do that. I simply stated something that is a fact.

Go on and like the show. If you like it you like it. No problem there. But that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people are unhappy about it.

Edited by dmfootworks

And to all the Spirit defenders...let's be genuine in this and any more discussions in the future...NOBODY IS BASHING THE KIDS, so can we please stop pretending that someone just called your son, daughter, friend, nephew, niece, or whatever a bad name? No need to be misrepresenting people's comments, ok?
Sorry, I missed the part where those kids were forced to march where they did, kicking and screaming all the way.

Oh wait, they pay bucks to further this type of show. :unhappy:

this my friend is bashing the kids directly. nuff said. CLASSLESS!!!!!! not you, this other poster. and yes that is a personal attack on that poster and I don't give a crap. Usually I would.

Edited by ULMusicMan

I did read it the first time. Did you read all of mine? See the beginning where I state that I don't doubt that any of what he says is true?

I'm not saying that people can't like the show, don't like the show, couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't like the show.

I simply stated that the show has made a lot iof people unhappy. This is a fact taht can be easily demonstrated by looking elsewhere in this forum.

I'm sorry the reality seems to strike a nerve -- I don't mean to do that. I simply stated something that is a fact.

Go on and like the show. If you like it you like it. No problem there. But that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people are unhappy about it.

I completely understand. but what your saying doesn't change the fact that some people actually enjoy it too. :) I like it, you don't. no biggie........I'm sorry for accusing you of not reading fully......now what post I'm not sorry about is the other about bashing kids directly.

I completely understand. but what your saying doesn't change the fact that some people actually enjoy it too. :) I like it, you don't. no biggie........I'm sorry for accusing you of not reading fully......now what post I'm not sorry about is the other about bashing kids directly.

I had nothing to do with the "bashing kids directly", just in case there is a misunderstanding about that.

And for the record, I don't think I said I don't like Spirit's show.

I said that a lot of people are unhappy about it. That was my entire point. It was not about what I thought of the show, positive or negative.

Edited by dmfootworks

"QUOTE (dci72 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:18 AM)

"That's news to me. Yes, we did have two performances this evening with the marching band show as a exhibition but not the Madison show last we heard; as told we were to be on DCA sheets.

Either way, The Kilties love to perform, and if the fans liked it......that's all good stuff; they pay for the tickets.

The fans were GREAT at both events this evening, and the corps had a GREAT time performing for them.

Personally, I'll take 4 to 5 spontaneous thunderous "standing O's" over any score. If one works hard, is dedicated, and focuses on doing the very best possible as individuals and a performing ensemble........good things tend to happen on their own."

The quote above was from Bill Roetzer,Racine Kilties. I was just using his post for the Kilties DCA status."

"I don't know what point you may be seeking to make, but as I mentioned, personally, if one works hard, is dedicated and focuses on doing the very best possible, etc...good things tend to happen on their own. That's just a formula for living life."

bill

So if performing for the fans gets you pumped up,why compete for a score? Go the exhibition route or become an Alumni corps. Just sayin'

Mike

I had nothing to do with the "bashing kids directly", just in case there is a misunderstanding about that.

And for the record, I don't think I said I don't like Spirit's show.

I said that a lot of people are unhappy about it. That was my entire point. It was not about what I thought of the show, positive or negative.

no confusion...sorry if you thought I thought that. I should have stated I'm not sorry about the other guys post.

no confusion...sorry if you thought I thought that. I should have stated I'm not sorry about the other guys post.

Great. I hope the corps has a wonderful season. I was really impressed and delighted with the brass sound and output at the Rockford show. Even asked one of the staff what brand of horns they were using.

Great. I hope the corps has a wonderful season. I was really impressed and delighted with the brass sound and output at the Rockford show. Even asked one of the staff what brand of horns they were using.

Thanks for the positive comments about them. You know I just really wish people would grow up. I dislike alot of things but I also realize that just as many if not more may like the same thing. I think it's always proper to leave the negative bashing behind......things evolve......even our beloved traditions........it's part of everything in life and dci is no exception.

What happened to constructive criticism??? I don't think there is nearly as much harsh lashings on here when people simply say in their reviews something along these lines.......

corps A - I LOVE THIS CORPS!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO WIN DCI!!! HANDS DOWN!!! NO QUESTIONS ASKED

corps B - This show doesn't stand out to me as much but the kids are obviously working their tails off* as all of dci is* I don't really like the electronics aspect of it but to each his own. Good luck corps B

I know I know, this is like saying world peace will be achieved tomorrow.