Madison Contest Tonight Question

this my friend is bashing the kids directly. nuff said. CLASSLESS!!!!!! not you, this other poster. and yes that is a personal attack on that poster and I don't give a crap. Usually I would.

Classless? I'll leave that up to you to decide. Obviously that's the impression you got, so I can respect that. I hate to split hairs with you here, but I don't really see that as a personal attack on the kids as much as a statement of fact. It's entirely true of every corps out there, technically. At last check, kids pay to march Cadets, BD, Phantom, Cavies, Crown, Teal Sound, Jersey Surf, SCV, Troopers, Crossmen, etc etc. And in doing so, their money goes toward transportation, food, uniforms, staff payment, and so on...in essence, furthering the show. Intended or unintended, that is just fact.

Now, if you wanna take issue with the tone of his post, that's entirely up to your interpretation. Like I said, head on over to the "Madison Uniform" thread if you wanna get an idea about "bashing". As much as I love the Scouts and as much as I love their guard uniform, I don't jump down the throat of everyone that posts any of those rather rude or crass opinions. They're big boys and they don't need me being an internet tough guy on their behalf.

Well, not usually anyway...but sometimes I just wanna have some fun. :worthy:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison WI

June 28, 2008

09 Spirit 67.900

10 Crossmen 66.800

11 Troopers 65.700

12 Madison Scouts 65.40

FYI

Totally irrelevant. Different year.

I'm sure you can go back and find the same situation for any group of corps if you want to, where a corps that was behind other corps early in the year passed them by finals week.

For instance:

Monday July 8, 2002

Ogdensburg NY

1 Crossmen 82.600

2 Boston Crusaders 80.300

3 Carolina Crown 75.000

4 Spirit 73.800

Spirit finished the year in 10th, Crown in 16th. (for that matter, Boston finished the year in 5th, Crossmen in 9th.)

Just FYI

As you see, Spirit's been known to make late-season strides too. Madison doesn't have the corner on that market. No one does.

That's why there's a whole wonderful summer filled with shows.

"QUOTE (dci72 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:18 AM)

"That's news to me. Yes, we did have two performances this evening with the marching band show as a exhibition but not the Madison show last we heard; as told we were to be on DCA sheets.

Either way, The Kilties love to perform, and if the fans liked it......that's all good stuff; they pay for the tickets.

The fans were GREAT at both events this evening, and the corps had a GREAT time performing for them.

Personally, I'll take 4 to 5 spontaneous thunderous "standing O's" over any score. If one works hard, is dedicated, and focuses on doing the very best possible as individuals and a performing ensemble........good things tend to happen on their own."

The quote above was from Bill Roetzer,Racine Kilties. I was just using his post for the Kilties DCA status."

"I don't know what point you may be seeking to make, but as I mentioned, personally, if one works hard, is dedicated and focuses on doing the very best possible, etc...good things tend to happen on their own. That's just a formula for living life."

bill

So if performing for the fans gets you pumped up,why compete for a score? Go the exhibition route or become an Alumni corps. Just sayin'

Mike

Mike,

Apparently you are a little too far behind the times and outside the activity to understand the nature of performing and the personal (varying) reasons members of any corps have for performing and/or being a part of any specific organization; and that's fine. It is a total misplacement of energy to concern oneself about rank and placement over the defining factors of simply working hard, being dedicated, giving the very best you have all the time. I'm confident The Kilties will continue on another 75 years without your blessings and insights.

Kilties ROCKED the crowd. They had the most standing Os of all the corps. They played for the people not the judges and they played well. Colts were dirty, but had a nice show that has a lot of room to grow. Spirit, Bass player detracted big time from the show overall and the bull horn thingy in the beginning is as cool as Yowza Yowza Yowza was for Blue Devils. Great show that is overdone by a bass player and bullhorn. Madison looks AWESOME, their red sashes really set the uni out there. Good show also with a lot of room for growth. Phantom was a let down. They are not going back to back with this show. Its nice and pleasurable but not memorable. Blue Star are a solid top ten corps but the use of the props really detracted from what the corps was doing. They are loud and proud and will be there in August, but too much garbage taking up too much field. I left before the scores because I was tired and had an 2 hour drive, and knew where the corps were going to place. The funny part was, we stopped at a gas station down the street and there were probably twenty Colts in there getting supplies. I guess scores don't mean a whole lot to them either. That was nice to see. March your show, have fun and leave it at that. Work harder the next day and etc. etc. etc..... Overall a WELL run show with some great drum corps even with the bass. I didn't heart any booing. That was nice. I would love to see how much more hate there would be if it was the Cadets doing the bass guitar show........

Mike,

Apparently you are a little too far behind the times and outside the activity to understand the nature of performing and the personal (varying) reasons members of any corps have for performing and/or being a part of any specific organization; and that's fine. It is a total misplacement of energy to concern oneself about rank and placement over the defining factors of simply working hard, being dedicated, giving the very best you have all the time. I'm confident The Kilties will continue on another 75 years without your blessings and insights.

I marched for about 25 years and I know the nature of "performing and the personal(varying) reasons members of any corps have for performing...". My opinion is not slighting the Kilties All Age Corps. Just my opinion. Don't get defensive. Also if I came across curt, I apologize.

Mike