Blue Devils to Win?

It seems like BD is off to a great start, showing they have another solid show as they did last year, and the year before. So last year, it seemed like it was theirs to win. But they lost. Well no, i guess you could say that phantom won it.. But either way, being up early, is it the Blue Devils to Lose? Or will it be a tight race through the year, and they will have to win it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't competed against any of the other top corps so it is inaccurate to call them "up"

They've gone head to head with Vanguard several times. I wouldn't start saying it's theirs to win or lose until at least after one or two big shows like Murfreesboro or San Antonio where they take on all of World Class. That and those shows are later in the season, so corps are going to start settling into their approximate placement ranges.

Um, how the heck do we know?

Well, they were the first corps to crack 80 this year. Also the first corps to crack 81. Also the first corps to crack 81.5.

Just sayin'.

They haven't competed against any of the other top corps so it is inaccurate to call them "up"

You might have said the same thing last year as BD toured with PR (#1 & #2 as it turned out). Also, just wait until they get a load of SCV east of the Mississippi! These guys have come to play this year and they're going to compete closely with Crown and HNC. Plus, Bluuu is not too far behind and at the top of their game. The real question is: Who wins the battle between the classic drum corps shows (Crown, SCV, HNC, Cavaliers, PR, Coats.....they've all got one this year & they're ALL smokin' shows) & the production design show (BD)?

Edited by Plan9

You might have said the same thing last year as BD toured with PR (#1 & #2 as it turned out). Also, just wait until they get a load of SCV east of the Mississippi! These guys have come to play this year and they're going to compete closely with Crown and HNC. Plus, Bluuu is not too far behind and at the top of their game. The real question is: Who wins the battle between the classic drum corps shows (Crown, SCV, HNC, Cavaliers, PR, Coats.....they've all got one this year & they're ALL smokin' shows) & the production design show (BD)?

i would have to disagree with calling crown a classic drumcorps show, i think they have more production value in their design than i saw in bd. and emotional as well, if anything programatically.... bd is doing a classic jazz show.

i would have to disagree with calling crown a classic drumcorps show, i think they have more production value in their design than i saw in bd. and emotional as well, if anything programatically.... bd is doing a classic jazz show.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "production" because they're all productions. I'm just suggesting that (like last year) BD's show is different than the others in its form and drill design. If you see BD and Crown's shows as similar in design than we'll just disagree.

It is so pointless to even speculate on this question or any other question trying to predict placement of corps that haven't even competed with one another. The Blue Devils have only competed in the West, which has inflated scores compared to east or midwest scores.

It is so pointless to even speculate on this question or any other question trying to predict placement of corps that haven't even competed with one another. HNC, Crown, PR and Cavies have only competed in the Mid-West, which has inflated scores compared to east or west scores. :blink:

See how completely ridiculous that sounds???? I have no facts or evidence to say that!