The Erie Conspiracy

Hey, you want some cheese with that whine?

I'm sorry, but if you see Crown in person or watch any of the DCI fan network recordings you realize how CRAZY their drill is! Not only can they play loud (and not "overplayed" I might add) but they can play softly without having to turn their backs to the field and play backfield--they obviously are the ones to beat this year.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen close gap on glassmen

5.3. To. 4.4

After only e 3rd show

Still no guard uniforms or show silk

Just finished the drill and have not begun story line yet

Watch out

Edited by dcifan2002

To like or not like a show doesn't mean they arent good, Ive seen shows win, that I was not a fan of.. But i understood why they won.

Agreed (except 2003... I still have no idea how BD won that year).

Congrats Crown, you've awoke the beast.

I'm sorry, but if you see Crown in person or watch any of the DCI fan network recordings you realize how CRAZY their drill is! Not only can they play loud (and not "overplayed" I might add) but they can play softly without having to turn their backs to the field and play backfield--they obviously are the ones to beat this year.

You said it!!! Their drill is very difficult....

When do full judging panels start?
They already are out west ! :unhappy:

Some initial thoughts having just got back from the show - Take them for what you will.

Capital Regiment - Wish you had more guard. Solid brass sound and well designed visual program.

Revolution - Rough brass ensemble tonight, guard seemed struggle a bit as well. Lots of work cut out for them.

Teal Sound - For a first show...well done. The new "cream" uniforms really work well for the corps image. Similar to Carolina Crown. The "rock" and "pop" show just didn't get the audience reaction tonight (I even saw the staff looking around being like "WTF")...some things just aren't working and clicking and thus not generating alot of GE. Lose the guitars...we get what you are trying to do, but it isn't working.

Crossmen - Lots of dirt tonight and rough visual transitions/phrasing issues. Figure out where the 1 drill set ends and the next one begins. The capes (while they are classic Crossmen) aren't helping as they tend to muddy up forms and technique.

Glassmen - A clear step up from Crossmen....but not 5 points. I felt they should have scored around 70. Very lush brass ensemble sound throughout.

Crown - Wowza. A big step up from Glassment (though not reflected in the point spread) Crown has the brass ensemble doing so much visual and body work throughout the show - it is trend setting and no other corps challenges their brass performers to this degree visually. Okay here's the ball drop. They are winning right now because they are doing what they are doing very well. So much is already into the show - I wonder how much more they can build this program. 2nd or 3rd come worlds.

Cadets - Multiple standing ovations (only corps tonight) and well deserved. Half way through the show, the cadets do a typical "cadet ending" and bring the crowd to their feet...only to learn that the show isn't over yet and they keep plowing on to an ever bigger finish. I know this may sound cliche, but louder, faster, stronger....that is how I would describe the Cadets this year. So much dirt left to clean, so many more ideas to grow - but I think I may have watched this year's world champion tonight. They are truly that good.

Agreed (except 2003... I still have no idea how BD won that year).

Finals Inflation! :unhappy:

Lets just see the recaps before you all get too excited! I would bet that one judge had a lot to do with this!

Actually...WRONG! Clean sweep for Crown!