Georgia Dome

Well, Francesca talked me into going to ATL to see the show!

Can any of the "local Atlantians" recommend a decent/safe/inexpensive place to stay, close to a MARTA rail line?

I'm not very familiar with Atlanta but I highly suggest Hotwire.com that is a great website for large cities.......I got a 4 star hotel in Houston at the Galleria for only 79 bucks. I'm pretty sure the disadvantage of not knowing what your getting till you get it won't let you down. I hope not at least.

never had to stay in a hotel since i live outside the city but I can say that I'd rather take a taxi before ever riding MARTA at night, especially the station near the dome. That station is poorly lit and isn't very safe.

never had to stay in a hotel since i live outside the city but I can say that I'd rather take a taxi before ever riding MARTA at night, especially the station near the dome. That station is poorly lit and isn't very safe.

You can walk to and from the MARTA Station without actually going out side. The tunnels/passages are well lite and there is all kinds of security. The OP doesn't know what he or she is talking about and probably has never been there. I took MARTA last year from a hotel down by the airport.

Just bid on Price Line and you can get a 4 Star within the walking distance of the Dome for $60 plus tax. $ 100 will get you a 5 Star

Well, Francesca talked me into going to ATL to see the show!

Can any of the "local Atlantians" recommend a decent/safe/inexpensive place to stay, close to a MARTA rail line?

The Hilton downtown is great and not that expensive. We walked to the show through the park. Won't make that mistake again. Take a taxi. Skip Marta.

If you don't want to stay downtown, you can definitely take MARTA (not that expensive ~$4 round trip) with a stop very much close to GA Dome / Phillips Arena.

My top 2 hotels in Atlanta no matter of price.

1. Westin Peachtree Plaza - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/prope...propertyID=1023 ~0.4 Miles from GA Dome

2. Marriott Marquis http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlm...rriott-marquis/ ~0.5 Miles from GA Dome

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-191501914-...Lqd0Ilfvr4J8b8F

That is the best list of $65-80 a night hotels. 5 / 4 / 2 are not near MARTA. All the others are.

There's the OMNI hotel just outside of the Dome Area. I've never stayed there but it's on the same block as the Dome. There are some nice hotels in Buckhead if you don't want to stay downtown. Any way you do it, I'd definitely take MARTA. Leaving the Dome can be a pain in the butt especially with all of the corps performing at night this year.

Hope you have a great stay in ATL. This is a shameless plug too for the World of Coke since I work for Coca Cola. It's at the edge of Centennial Park. Fun experience if you've never been. And like everyone is told...Try the "Beverly" in the tasting area. :-)

There's the OMNI hotel just outside of the Dome Area. I've never stayed there but it's on the same block as the Dome. There are some nice hotels in Buckhead if you don't want to stay downtown. Any way you do it, I'd definitely take MARTA. Leaving the Dome can be a pain in the butt especially with all of the corps performing at night this year.

Hope you have a great stay in ATL. This is a shameless plug too for the World of Coke since I work for Coca Cola. It's at the edge of Centennial Park. Fun experience if you've never been. And like everyone is told...Try the "Beverly" in the tasting area. :-)

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

WOC is pretty interesting. I have yet to get to the aquarium but here it is well worth the visit.

FWIW, I've never considered Dome traffic after a DCI show to be particularly difficult to negotiate - I've definitely seen worse, there are plenty of ways to leave the area, and it never seemed to gridlock...dunno, maybe just my luck.

WOC is pretty interesting. I have yet to get to the aquarium but here it is well worth the visit.

schedule an extra day (yes, a FULL day) and see the aquarium. IT IS AMAZING. when driving cross-country after college my mother and i spent a day there. we don't regret it and i'd go back.

as for hotels, i've got nuthin. peach bowl #1, we stayed at the omni. peach bowl #2, i don't remember but it was further away. we were the "visiting" team that year not the ''home'' team