Sitting Down During a Performance.

Does anyone honestly believe that a corps outside the Blue Devils could get away with this nonsense and get credit for it? Tell me with a straight face how/why SITTING IN A ****ING CHAIR produces Visual Performance/Visual GE Points.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies sat down in 2003 and got credit for it too.

While I haven't seen BD's show yet to know what the sitting in chairs actually entails (besides, you know, just sitting in a chair), I would guess that The Cavaliers who did the sit and spin section of 2003 wouldn't call that easy. From what I understand, it messed up their knees quite a bit. (But hey, it was a cool section of the show). My point being: sit and spin > sitting in a chair.

I need to go watch BD's show now...

Yeah, BD sucks.

Did I say that BD sucks? No, I did not. I just want to know why they are not getting "knocked" for not doing anything while they are literally "sitting still" during their performance. I'd be willing to bet my hard earned cash that if SCV or Bluecoats did something similar they would be "knocked" in their visual scores.

Did I say that BD sucks? No, I did not. I just want to know why they are not getting "knocked" for not doing anything while they are literally "sitting still" during their performance. I'd be willing to bet my hard earned cash that if SCV or Bluecoats did something similar they would be "knocked" in their visual scores.

Kind of the same concept for not getting knocked while standing still and sustaining a chord. It's just a different way of not moving. I doubt other corps would get knocked for using the chairs like BD is using them. It's just another prop.

Does anyone honestly believe that a corps outside the Blue Devils could get away with this nonsense and get credit for it? Tell me with a straight face how/why SITTING IN A ****ING CHAIR produces Visual Performance/Visual GE Points.

" Yes ", I do believe that Corps outside of the Blue Devils could get away to sitting down with chairs. They'd get lots of mostly positive reactions from judges and fans alike if they had lots of chairs. That would be INT. Chairs would be a great addition.