Sitting Down During a Performance.

Tell us how you really feel.

Cavies sat down in 2003 and got credit for it too.

HNC would sit down but it is impossible to do without knees

Comparing sitting in a chair to the utter body control and demand that was the sit and spin is ignorant.

I can think of several FMMs from that year whose knees still give them problems because of that move.

In regards to the BD visual thing, I haven't seen it yet, but it's a visual moment. It's different. If it fits the show then that is the definition of Visual and GE. Perhaps if they were sitting in a concert formation for an entire movement or something...but no.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

" Yes ", I do believe that Corps outside of the Blue Devils could get away to sitting down with chairs. They'd get lots of mostly positive reactions from judges and fans alike if they had lots of chairs. That would be INT. Chairs would be a great addition.

Because "INT" is a "real drum corps." Hardy-har-har. I wish I could get Keyboard Cat to play you off.

Sitting still and playing is really no different than standing still and playing.

Stand up from your couch and tell me with a straight face that there's not a difference from sitting on your sofa and standing on your own two feet.

Stand up from your couch and tell me with a straight face that there's not a difference from sitting on your sofa and standing on your own two feet.

Sitting on couch...not moving. Standing up...still not going anywhere. Physically different. Yes. Motion-wise. Same concept. Whether you sit still or stand still, you're still stationary.

Sitting on couch...not moving. Standing up...still not going anywhere. Physically different. Yes. Motion-wise. Same concept. Whether you sit still or stand still, you're still stationary.

You're a smart cookie, I'll give you that. Now, which position uses the most bodily energy and physical demand? The sitting position, or the standing position?

This is sheer nonsense! Performers have used chairs/props in dance routines for centuries. When you see this show "live" you'll be amazed at the intricate movements and weaving of the chairs into the fabric of the performance. In that way, the chairs add another dimension to the flat surface of the field and BD uses it in a big way. In terms of complexity and difficultly, you'll need to be the judge of that when you see it live (the FN video doesn't even get close to doing it justice). On the other hand.... if this thread is just another troll from the grab bag of "BD always gets away with everything and Mom always liked them best" whinning jags, I suggest you "suit up" join them on the field and "try" to keep up! My guess is you'll do a lot of sitting by the EMS vehicle! :thumbup:

You're a smart cookie, I'll give you that. Now, which position uses the most bodily energy and physical demand? The sitting position, or the standing position?

Standing takes more energy. Depends on the kind of standing, though. Drum corps? Yes. You have to maintain posture. If you're standing around the house playing it's not that demanding, but I know what you're getting at. I actually prefer standing when I play.

Tell us how you really feel.

HNC would sit down but it is impossible to do without knees

:thumbup::tongue::blink::blink::blink::worthy::tongue::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

It is sheer nonsense that the BDs are using the chairs this year. Half of their show almost is either sitting in chairs or scatter drill to move the chairs. The reason why they are so clean this year in the visual department is because hey have so many fewer sets that the rest of the top corps because of the chairs. If the cadets were to do that this year their would be as much hatred towards them as their was the last three years!