Memories of Past Corps

One of my favorite drum corps memories is when SCV and a number of juniors performing at a senior show in upstate NY in 1973... the juniors performed first, then we went back to the gym to change into street clothes and could go back to the field to watch the rest of the show. I still see the Cabs entrance to the field as clearly as it was yesterday! But that was the only time we did something like that. Now we in CA get to enjoy senior corps at most of our shows, but that was a real treat back then (well, for those of us who went back to watch).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The August 2009 issue of Drum Corps World announces that DCW will issue this fall another DVD from the Jim Jones videotape collection including the 1975 Muchachos performance from Hershey.

The August 2009 issue of Drum Corps World announces that DCW will issue this fall another DVD from the Jim Jones videotape collection including the 1975 Muchachos performance from Hershey.

Must be from Jim Jones' closet again and I stand corrected. I bought the DVD of 1974 Carlisle Sr show that was from JJs estate so guess whoever taped was on top of the press box like at Carlisle. :cool:

Who's listed as being on the DVD? IIRC (too lazy to dig up the program) it was 5 or 6 Jr corps plus my corps in pre-show exhibition. No WAY were we going to follow these corps as we were rebuilding.

Besides 1975 Muchachos at Hershey, other corps listed for this DVD are: 1974 Stockton Commodores, 1975 Troopers and 1976 Santa Clara Vanguard, 27th Lancers and Troopers at performances in Denver CO at "Drums Along the Rockies". This will be the second DVD released from the Jim Jones videotapes. The first was eight corps from the 1972 DCI Championship.

Besides 1975 Muchachos at Hershey, other corps listed for this DVD are: 1974 Stockton Commodores, 1975 Troopers and 1976 Santa Clara Vanguard, 27th Lancers and Troopers at performances in Denver CO at "Drums Along the Rockies". This will be the second DVD released from the Jim Jones videotapes. The first was eight corps from the 1972 DCI Championship.

Just one more reason why Jim Jones was ahead of his time by about a century!

SHOOT (is #### with two o s' - George Carlin).... Was hoping this was another complete show like 1974 Carlisle. Great lineup that night and possiblity of seeing what our show looked like from up top.