MBI Going EAST

Just a thought(no flaming intended). Was it workable for the Kilties to make the trip to Scranton? It may have given the East Coast a chance to see the Midwest's only other Open Class unit in DCA before finals

Again, no flaming intended.

Kate

Edited by dci72

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought(no flaming intended). Was it workable for the Kilties to make the trip to Scranton? It may have given the East Coast a chance to see the Midwest's only other Open Class unit in DCA before finals

Again, no flaming intended.

Kate

dosen't matter. you have to be invited. don't think they were.

No flaming necessary

Scranton is a DCA self sponsored show... Had Kilties asked to be in the show and had the $$$ to take the financial hit the trip would cause... I'm sure something could have been worked out... MBI ran the fundraisers themselves to cover the trip...

There is no point in speculating that Kilties couldn't have done the same thing... They didn't ask...

No flaming necessary

Scranton is a DCA self sponsored show... Had Kilties asked to be in the show and had the $$$ to take the financial hit the trip would cause... I'm sure something could have been worked out... MBI ran the fundraisers themselves to cover the trip...

There is no point in speculating that Kilties couldn't have done the same thing... They didn't ask...

Hi Tom,

You are absolutely correct sir, we did not put in a request for a performance appearance in Scranton as we had something else pending at the time our schedule was being formulated on this end.

The corps has traveled east many, many times outside the Championship.

I would venture to guess The Kilties have traveled east to independant DCA shows over the last decade (or more) more than a lot of non-eastern corps; but that's neither here nor there.

We've tried to make it east at least once a year over and above the actual Championship weekend. Cumberland, Rochester, Syracuse, and (in 07) Salem are just several venues that immediately come to mind. A couple of the places we appeared multiple years; Syracuse as example. Always great fun, and always treated great by the sponsors.

Good luck to all!

no one can question Kilties travel power - or their ability to capture an audience

I would suspect that CV is building a travel record that will overtake Kilts if it hasn't already