MBI Going EAST

This is a big deal for MBI and partly for the reasons already mentioned about getting a read on how the corps compares with the other Eastern DCA corps. But, there is another issue not really being mentioned yet, and that is the availability of show opportunities. So far, MBI has had one weekend of shows where they were able to perform three times. Then nothing until August 1st. If they didn't travel to Scranton, there wouldn't be another show opportunity until Mid August.

That is still better than what is available for many of the DCA South and West corps. Unfortunately, there just aren't as many opportunities with DCI shows as in the past. Also, there used to be a great mid season regional championship show for DCM in DeKalb during late July that gave MBI an opportunity to perform. But sadly that is gone also. This MBI corps loves to perform and they have a fun show that I think the fans in Scranton will enjoy. Yes, this is a competitive activity and that is meaningful, but I think there are also a lot of people like me who simply love to go out and perform and to do it at the highest level possible.

It is a significant financial undertaking and a major time commitment for the members to make this trip, but you can't ask people to bust their a-- for weeks to polish a show and then not give them sufficient opportunities to perform. The opportunity in Scranton just happens to be with some of the best corps in DCA. A major challenge for future seasons is how to raise funds and manage time commitments to incorporate more travel.

I sure wish I could be there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big deal for MBI and partly for the reasons already mentioned about getting a read on how the corps compares with the other Eastern DCA corps. But, there is another issue not really being mentioned yet, and that is the availability of show opportunities. So far, MBI has had one weekend of shows where they were able to perform three times. Then nothing until August 1st. If they didn't travel to Scranton, there wouldn't be another show opportunity until Mid August.

That is still better than what is available for many of the DCA South and West corps. Unfortunately, there just aren't as many opportunities with DCI shows as in the past. Also, there used to be a great mid season regional championship show for DCM in DeKalb during late July that gave MBI an opportunity to perform. But sadly that is gone also. This MBI corps loves to perform and they have a fun show that I think the fans in Scranton will enjoy. Yes, this is a competitive activity and that is meaningful, but I think there are also a lot of people like me who simply love to go out and perform and to do it at the highest level possible.

It is a significant financial undertaking and a major time commitment for the members to make this trip, but you can't ask people to bust their a-- for weeks to polish a show and then not give them sufficient opportunities to perform. The opportunity in Scranton just happens to be with some of the best corps in DCA. A major challenge for future seasons is how to raise funds and manage time commitments to incorporate more travel.

I sure wish I could be there.

this IS what i'm talking about. i think it's great that MBI is going to scranton. i just don't see why everybody is fussing about it. i hope they do well and get an eastern read on their show and see what they can do with it.

Contrary to what some others may say, a lot of my friends and I plan on winning in Scranton AND Rochester. :tongue:
That's the spirit!! Kick a** and take names! Best of luck....and hey, if you don't win, you can go "old school" and maybe leave one glove on the field with the middle finger extended, or perhaps storm off the back of the field to a drum tap....only kidding (not that it hasn't been done).... Edited by VOReason

i don't see what the big deal here is. MBI is voting member of DCA and happened to come in 2nd place at finals. they have a right with out any questions as to why they will come east and compete in any show that they have been invited to. what is all of this? and guess what it's a competition so if they say there coming to try and win at scanton or to improve their chances at DCA how can anyone blame them? man just leave it alone and be thankful they are coming AND trying to win.

At ease, sir. They're coming East to kick some butt. I don't want to hear all that philosophical mumbo jumbo about a musical journey to excellence, that's all. They're coming from Minnesota, of course it's a journey. :devil: GET ER DONE, MBI!

Now nobody get mad, I added a smiley face after all.

Edited by Mike_B

At ease, sir. They're coming East to kick some butt. I don't want to hear all that philosophical mumbo jumbo about a musical journey to excellence, that's all. They're coming from Minnesota, of course it's a journey. :devil: GET ER DONE, MBI!

LOL. That's cool too. We're all in it for various reasons. And the bottom line is entertainment, fun, memories and the excitement of just doing what you love to do.

Oh, and maybe a beer or two. :w00t:

one word...

MUGGS

good bar and great food

:tongue:

maybe it's just late. maybe I have too much on my mind. BUT DAGNABBIT I'm drawing a blank.

What do I always say? :tongue: