Why bash Crown?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badelt works out of Hans Zimmer's studio, so similarity there is not unexpected.

Makes sense.

I just got done reading through the forum topic and man do I wish I was on DCP last night. I was unfortunately stuck in the world of stumbleupon and had a new obsession for a night. I would have liked to have been involved.

wow. :worthy:

Yeah that's pretty bad isn't it...

I can't remember who said it first, but I've heard that there's no such thing as an original work of art, in any form.

Personally, I'm really in to rachmaninoff right now. I'm not an arranger, but could a corps possibly use the third movement from his third piano concerto?

Wow, I sound like a geek.

Edit - Sorry, I'm way off topic. Not personally a big fan of Crown this year, but if you look at my signature, you can probably figure out why.

Edited by acolli17

Crown is good but bored the heck out of me.

Crown is good but bored the heck out of me.

To each his/her own!

The best horn line I've heard live in a very very long time!

I thought Badelt did the first two? They went to Zimmer for the third because Badelt did some techno crap, or some style that totally didn't fit at all.

Oh no, you're right. I don't know why I thought that. Either way, the Tiesto remix?

egh, i kinda fell out of love with Tiesto. he got a little same ol' same ol' after a while.

i did miss a chance to see PvD last month...should've gone, but no one else wanted to go see him.

wow. :worthy:

is that disapproval for me or him?

To each his/her own!

The best horn line I've heard live in a very very long time!

ill give u that, best crown hornline i've hear :worthy: really enjoy listening to their hornline

ill give u that, best crown hornline i've hear :worthy: really enjoy listening to their hornline

Best Crown hornline, easily. But I think its probably the best hornline I've heard in years.

is that disapproval for me or him?

disapproval for John Williams... thank you for posting it.

I know there is only so many ways you can arrange notes and chords, but at the same time... meh. At some point, it becomes an "arrangement" and not a different piece of music. That said, JW is obviously a talented musical mind. If more people could do what he does, then surely they would.

kind of like this: http://music.todaysbigthing.com/2009/05/25