Unfair Fairfield

Question - why the thread title "Unfair Fairfield"?

why not :worthy:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP was just making a play on words. Nothing more.

pretty much

I was just wondering what was "unfair" about the show or Fairfield. Sorry - for me the play on words just didn't work.

According to Treuman's Travels, Phantom changed a lot of drill for the opener. I don't think they've got to the closer yet. The next two days (rehearsal days, no shows) I imagine they will be making changes to the middle of the show.

yeah, as others have said it's just the first and second (jazz section if you need a reference point) movements. took out the tuba soli for a euph soli. added a

"crossing wave" section (that's the best i could describe it). added some characterization to get onto the field. some other stuff here and there.

still have a ways to go...esp on transitions and storyline, but it's getting there.

I am thinking the new drill designer they brought in last year was a one trick pony. Hell, they lost to the Blue Stars in GE visual - yikes.

Bring back Jamey Thompson, please.

if i were betting man, i'd say he probably won't be back next year.

and HELL NO to jamey thompson.

the curse lives on!

if i were betting man, i'd say he probably won't be back next year.

and HELL NO to jamey thompson.

the curse lives on!

As a drill designer myself, it's my opinion that Jamie Thompson is the best drill designer they've had in quite some time. I was disapointed when they announced his parting, as well as adam sage. I am one of the ones that will say they need some consistency with their staff, but this current visual design staff is NOT the one they want to stick with. I will be disapointed if scotella is writing for them after this year, even though Spartacus was an amazing show, the drill design was nothing close to special, but the show succeeded visually because it was designed in a manner where the drill design itself didn't take much importance to the larger picture. I know of a drill designer who would fit their musical style almost perfectly, and am amazed no corps has picked him up yet! (and it's not me! lol). I just wish they had kept Thompson and Sage, yes 07 wasn't great drill wise (the guard was HOT!) , but think of 06! that was possibly the best drill regiment has ever marched. I'm interested to see how Subel works for them towards the end of the season, I hope he works great because I know some of the membership love him, but if the guard scores suffer like they did with coats, I hope they find someone who can give the guard the reputation that the brass and percussion have.

Here's the schedule for the show (Eastern Time):

Event Start Time 7:00 PM

7:15 PM Cincinnati Tradition, Cincinnati, OH

7:32 PM Memphis Sound, Memphis, TN

7:49 PM Legends, Kalamazoo, MI

8:06 PM Spirit, Jacksonville, AL

8:23 PM Intermission

8:43 PM Glassmen, Toledo, OH

9:00 PM Blue Stars, La Crosse, WI

9:17 PM The Cavaliers, Rosemont, IL

9:34 PM Phantom Regiment, Rockford, IL

Don't know who's doing the encore, but it's NOT Regiment.

And here's the FULL PANEL:

Contest Coordinator: Dave Eddleman

Chief Judge: John Howell

Brass Performance: Steven Page

Color Guard: Nola Jones

Ensemble Music: Steve Ulicny

Ensemble Visual: J R Carlisle

Music Effect: Jay Webb

Perc. Performance: Craig Dunn

Visual Effect: John Howell

Visual Performance: Mark Hart

ajlemm: "Has PR included any new elements? Their ending seemed a little bit of a letdown and lots of standing last time I saw them."

I saw the show yesterday. Yes - lots of changes in movements 1 & 2 and overall but not the closer. I wouldn't expect to see substantial changes to the closer until Allentown (or MAYBE Atlanta, but I doubt it).

Please one of the mods change the title of this topic to somthing more user friendly like "Fairfield Freelancers" or

maybe" Fabulous Fairfield "

Please one of the mods change the title of this topic to somthing more user friendly like "Fairfield Freelancers" or

maybe" Fabulous Fairfield "

Or maybe you could get in and start the thread sooner...and not have to complain about someone else and their choice of words.

Should be a great show tonight!!