I honestly like it more than Phantom 08. Possibly my favorite drum corps show. The part of the closer where they are all jazz running seriously brings me close to tears every time I watch it despite what anybody says about how they sound, it was just so demanding and I felt it was incredible.

Edited by marimbaman89

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'07 was a GREAT show musically. The Opener was amazing, well I am a huge fan of Philip Glass, so when I heard that, I was really happy. Flower duet was really cute, and by the way, Phantom's pit book was written very well that year. It was very tasty:) Firebird musically was AMAZING and the fact that they were basically sprinting while playing that part remains to me, one of my top memorable DCI moment in the 2000's (there are many more).

However:

Visually, I feel like Phantom chooses some akward shapes for big impact moments, and akward drill moves. In 06 when they hit the huge parallelogram(either that year or 03, I can't remember right now) but it seemed like the wrong drill set for such a huge moment in their show. In '03 when they hit the huge hit, and they have some weird curve/block, it just didn't suit for me. Same as in '07 when they are running into a huge sloppy set of lines (IMO). I understand that they were trying to immitate birds landing on light posts, but from up top, it looks like chaos that isnt resoloved, its just continued. In 08 I was impressed with their drill. I love phantom, and I'm not trying to be mean about them, but I am just stating that sometimes, their drill holds them back.

Musically I will never forget that show. I personally think they should have placed atleast 3rd that year.