DCA Showdown Set For Scranton 8/1 – Top 6 Head To Head

why oh why, dear drum corps gods do we have to have a DCA and the DCI East classic on the same night??? I really want to see both and don't want to have to choose!!! I hate decisions :tongue:

see i did choose in January.....when we really didnt know the DCA schedule. if East were another night, I'd so be at Scranton, but I already paid for the seats.

my suggestion to DCA if possible, as Scranton and East have butted heads more than a few times:

if possible, since your schedule comes out later, try to avoid scheduling close to Allentown that night. there is a portion of that Allentown crowd that would go to Scranton if not on the same night, especially with this lineup announcement.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal - Sixty;

First off. Give me a beak on the "KIDS" stuff. Almost all the top 15 WC groups are made up of Music Majors in College or Sr. HS Band members. Doing what they feal is BEST for Themselves. Most all in their 20s (Some even 22 years old). Old enough to Sign Legal Binding Contracts. Drink Alcoholic Bevs. Be tried in Adult Court, and Vote. Not your avererage teenager playing Basketball down the street.

Secound of all. With all the Trumpets, Tubas, Dance troupes, Costumes, Props, Amps, Electronics and YES now even GITARS it is hardly "Drum Corps" let alone "Drum and Bugle Corps" Now if you want to call it "Band Corps" or "Band Field Theater" or something. Fine. It is of the Highest Quality. With Very Talented people. No doubt about that.

DCA still has Much more Drum Corps left in it. I must say fading fast. But, still there. But, it is becoming DCI Lite / weekend only. But still also Great.

So it all come down to which "STYLE" of Outdoor - Field - Music and such YOU like best. You can not be WRONG either way.

So UN-like most of the "I - Me - MY - Now" people of today think. There are still a "few" things in life that make you Choose between things at some time.

(My Older cousin John got married on the Same day as my HS Graduation. I went to my Graduation.)

thats al;l great, but some of us like both and had to choose in January when the DCI schedule was out and the DCA schedule wasn't.

who loses? honestly...DCA. those of us that like both already paid for Allentown.

who loses? honestly...DCA. those of us that like both already paid for Allentown.

ding! ding! ding! we have a winner.

Furthermore, DCA misses a potential opportunity to reach a larger audience since lots of folks who might try a DCA show will be at J. Birney Crum.

i will admit attendance seems to be down up there since the loss of Lackawanna...my hunch is the Legion guys arent going as much, but it could be a lack of local advertising.

but running against Allentown cant help

none of my firends who have already purchased tickets for Allentown will ever hear any criticism from me... We're just trying to reach out to as many as possible who might be available for this wonderful show...

We need to reach as many people as possible... pass the word... help in any way you can - even if you have tickets for Allentown - just help pass the word... like Jeff does... we know where his heart is... even if is A s s will be in Allentown... it's ok buddy - you're not in trouble...

i'll spread the word...just next year pick a different week!

Those of us who have worked DCI East for many years and also volunteer as support for a DCA corps will also miss out on Scranton. DCI East was scheduled first, so that's where we go. Hopefully, nobody will mistreat my equipment truck on the way to Scranton!

Edited by amysnook

i would imagine they'll be making their way towards INdy

There's a DCI show on Sunday night, August 2, in Giants Stadium. That's what the poster was referring to.