DCA Showdown Set For Scranton 8/1 – Top 6 Head To Head

i hear ya...i love what DCA does, and this is a great show.

I just wish it wasnt scheduled against Allentown

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran - are you MC on Aug 02?

Yes, I am. I'm working the DCA Scranton show on August 1, and the DCI/YEA show on August 2.

I call it my "Best of Both Worlds Tour." :tongue:

Fran

At some of the DCI shows I've worked over the years, I've encountered various people who are attending that DCI show, but for whatever reason basically do nothing but complain about the DCI product they're seeing. I've never quite understood why people would pay money to see a show...then spend their time listing the reasons they aren't liking the show they're watching. It's always struck me as a waste of time and money for those folks.

My question.... does that happen at DCI East at Allentown? Is the tradition of that show so strong that people who don't like the DCI product anymore will still go there, just because of tradition?

I guess my point is..... if you don't care for the DCI product and are more comfortable with the DCA product, then why go to the DCI show? Why not attend the DCA show instead? (Except for the obvious reason that Jeff Ream has mentioned in this particular case..... tickets already paid for).

Please... this is NOT a knock on DCI or its corps. I feel the same way regarding the opposite scenario.....if you don't like the DCA product and prefer the DCI product, then go to a DCI show instead.

Fran

Hi Fran,

First of all are you at the Friday Night Allentown Show then Scanton on Saturday?

Second, I love both DCI & DCA for different reasons so I am going Friday night to Allentown then to Scranton Saturday night. Best of both worlds!

I do feel that Scranton is the best bang for your buck though because of the line up. Allentown is a great show but just another stop on a rather long tour. This is great that Minn Brass is coming out to make Scranton the event of the summer in DCA.

Please wear one of your infamous shirts so I can finally meet you. I'll throw some Canadian Beer in the car just in case!

Hi Fran,

First of all are you at the Friday Night Allentown Show then Scanton on Saturday?

Nope... not in Allentown. Barry Seltzer is the longtime voice of DCI East. I was a two-year "rental" in 2001 and 2002, the years when East moved to Philadelphia because of the renovations being done at Allentown. But Barry's been the man behind the microphone for that show for a long, long time.

The missus and I are very much looking forward to the Aug. 1st/2nd weekend.....great DCA lineup on Saturday, great DCI lineup on Sunday. Should be fun!!!

Fran

Second, I love both DCI & DCA for different reasons

Good point... me, too. IMO, they both bring some great things to the table.

As Tom Peashey has said....viva la difference!!!!

Fran

Good point... me, too. IMO, they both bring some great things to the table.

As Tom Peashey has said....viva la difference!!!!

Fran

Fran,

I think Peashey can get in trouble all by himself without you putting French words in his mouth...

ah... true - but

Je M'appelle Tomas Piché

or something like that