Thoughts ( A Review ) on the Grand Prix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs are the best because as we all know, Bucs are the most DCI-like. Any ageout that came from DCI, especially a top-tier DCI corps like Blue Devils, Phantom etc etc, would want to join a corps like the Bucs. Bucs have had a 4peat and all those kids want rings. So, their like "Well, I know I can make the Bucs, I marched DCI at *corps*, and the amount of money it costs is far less than DCI has, sooo..."

There you go.

this is funny. knowing many Bucs members, especially the 50 year olds like Walt Street, makes me laugh hysterically.

Bucs may be younger than others, but they have a great blend of "grizzled vets" in there. Bucs have a great loyalty to the organization vibe going, with many members still in the corps from before 2005 when the run started. They also have a passionate staff that recruits, and they bring in kids as you may think that are loyal to the staff at first.

then those kids become loyal to the corps. Sure, Bucs have some folks that may have marched elsewhere. But I'll you this...in my DCA experiences with corps outside of my original and home team, no other organization made me feel more welcomed walking in the door than Bucs did. The core group of administration has been there since before Bucs became a top corps again...pre 98. They do a ###### good job making everyone feel welcome and part of the family.

I grew up in a household where the only good Buc was a dead Buc. They knew that walking in. But I never once got #### about where I came from, and was welcomed by all. Even now, 9 years since I left under very crazy circumstances, I am still welcomed by the admin team ( and staff who replaced me in hindsight) and we have great time.

You can and think what you want, and I'm in no way compensated by Bucs to be a shill nor do I have any reasons to cheer for them other than putting out a great product ( hell i was let go...how many people cheer for a place that didnt want em back?) but this group isnt a bunch of ring chasing kids.

spend some time around Jimmy Gruber, Lou and Lois, Jay Landis, Donnie...and the staff. Your eyes may just get opened and the possibility of saying things very far from reality will drop.

I didn't mean that all of the Bucs are a bunch of ring chasing kids. I also agree with you saying that the staff is very welcoming, and the corps is too. What corps is a corps if they don't have a welcoming, friendly staff?

Most of the Bucs hard work and ability to compete comes from their Staff. As you said, most of their staff has been there for a very long time. That means they have a very good technique and way to teach the corps.

Deleted my posts before my last, didn't mean to start a dogfight here. All I can say here is;

"whoever scores highest, wins."

-Jeff Ream

I didn't mean that all of the Bucs are a bunch of ring chasing kids. I also agree with you saying that the staff is very welcoming, and the corps is too. What corps is a corps if they don't have a welcoming, friendly staff?

Most of the Bucs hard work and ability to compete comes from their Staff. As you said, most of their staff has been there for a very long time. That means they have a very good technique and way to teach the corps.

i have been in a corps where some staff wasnt friendly or welcoming. it's why our brass membership went from high 50's to barely 30 in a 6 month span. it's also why we went from champs to dead in 2 years

Well, finally found myself a Bucs cheerleader.

To all Bucs fans, you are not a Bucs cheerleader, I am only talking about guys like luvscorps. I came to like a lot of people that are fans of the Bucs, so again this has nothing to do with you.

Luvcorps, only you would take offense to a simple post like this. My last post in NO WAY attacks the Buccaneers. I just was explaining how they are so good. To win, it takes GOOD members. If I came from DCI, with absolutely no knowledge of any corps in DCA, accept scores, I would pick the Bucs to go to, because they are the best. So you sir explain to me your "facts" about the Bucs membership. I'm starting to think you know absolutely ZERO about their membership.

I'm not sure this is the appropriate direction for this thread to be headed. This seems like one of those "Why they won again" threads, and it isn't even halftime.

I DO agree that the marching members of the Bucs haven't received the credit they have deserved the past few years (compared to the credit their staff gets). I don't know what their talent level is this year, but there are a few other corps who have their (our) most talented and balanced teams in a long time.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Thanks for the props to the Bucs membership. They are a fine group of talented men and women that, like all of the corps, have been working their butts off all year to produce the best show they can possibly perform. They take nothing for granted.

DCA has several very strong corps this year. I'm sure that all of the corps realize this and will be pulling out all the stops and working hard to the very end of the season. This is going to make DCA Championships very exciting and will raise the bar as far as what it takes to make Finals in both Class A and Open Class. The level of competition among these finalists will be (and should be) very fierce to determine who is crowned the Champion.

Isn't that what this whole activity is supposed to be about?

I'm not sure this is the appropriate direction for this thread to be headed. This seems like one of those "Why they won again" threads, and it isn't even halftime.

I DO agree that the marching members of the Bucs haven't received the credit they have deserved the past few years (compared to the credit their staff gets). I don't know what their talent level is this year, but there are a few other corps who have their (our) most talented and balanced teams in a long time.