Cadet Report July 10th-14th

According to George's Twitter - Ribs for dinner tonight! :thumbup: Tell me more!!!!

geeze they feast better than I do....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of how people feel about a corps, its staff or its show, you have to love when parents step up and support the kids. the kids may be very tired and focused on other things, but trust me, they appreciate it.

i'd remember feeding Coats about 9 years ago, and I remember the kids saying thank you for mashed potatoes like it was the greatest thing on earth

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!

I feel like I was there!! How are the drummers?? I know several were sick and a couple injured.........My son is a snare, how are they all feeling! Sounds like it's been tough for this section. Give them all a "hug" from Alex's Mom!

Keep the updates coming!

We have a full drumline practicing today. 5 bass, 9 snares, 5 tenors. Drumline is working on getting rid of every little mistake. I stood there and listened to the drum line go over one section 23 times( I counted) The whole corps is in cleaning mode.

According to George's Twitter - Ribs for dinner tonight! :thumbup: Tell me more!!!!

We did buy ribs today. But, a Family of a kid in the corps is making Jambalaya for the whole corps! Yum Yum! :tongue:

We have a full drumline practicing today. 5 bass, 9 snares, 5 tenors. Drumline is working on getting rid of every little mistake. I stood there and listened to the drum line go over one section 23 times( I counted) The whole corps is in cleaning mode.

Thanks so much for the update! My son sent a quick text (I thought he was at laundry) that he would have called but Colin rewrote some parts and they needed to go learn them..........

Glad to know that they are all back and well!

Thank you for being there with them!

Thanks a lot for the update man. I'm glad to hear the full drumline is out there. Did they wind up replacing Bass 1? If not, I hope his back is doing much better.

Thanks a lot for the update man. I'm glad to hear the full drumline is out there. Did they wind up replacing Bass 1? If not, I hope his back is doing much better.

Bass drummer #1 is working through all of his back pain. We have some tough kids.

Tonight after dinner I'll catch everybody up with everything up to tonights Run through. It will be a pretty long one. I'm going off tour tomorrow for a couple of days then Irving and I will be back on tour together. So that means a double report. We are working on how we can team write.

Let me add more thanks to Fred and Irving for the great camp reports! It’s nice to hear about the lighter side of Camp Cadet. (As an aside – I love it in rehearsal when they give instructions and address the group: “Cadets, what I need you to do here is…” “Cadets…” I don’t know why, but I get a kick out of that.)

Fred – I’m not sure how I missed meeting you in Alpharetta – I was looking for you. Unless you were the guy on the food truck I didn’t formally meet -- my apologies. I was there for awhile and helped them fix fruit platters and got to meet a few of the volunteers. You’re right – great group and hard workers. I will be hopping on board in Atlanta, and yes, I have my running shoes, and I’m looking forward to it!

Regarding the body movement, I watched them working on it. So far, in my young drum corps fan life (hey, I like that I get to be young here) I find that I’m not a big fan of a lot of body movement. But I will say that what I saw them working on, fit stylistically with the show. I think it was brand spanking new when I saw it, so it was still pretty raw. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all integrates when they perform.

Thanks again to Fred and Irving and the rest of the volunteers at Camp Cadet. You keep us going!! :thumbup::tongue: