• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white-chair.jpg

Just saying....

HAHAHAHA!!! Emphatically agreed!!!

:shutup:

If corps could be scored based on entertainment value, BD would fall hard......no offense to hard-core fans and the members themselves, I just think their show is rediculous...

I know maybe you and the other honks on this thread should find Superman and get him to go around the world backwards, real fast and straighten out those wascally Devils and make your life whole again! And for the record rediculous (though spelled incorrectly) is actually a score that judges can give a participant. It goes from fair.. to good... to excellent.. to sick.. to rediculous (sp)! GO BD! Another fan! :shutup: How did you know! No offense! :devil:

Typical Cavalier's misspelling :shutup:

A 9th grader could spell that word. :shutup:

Oh geesh...

I know maybe you and the other honks on this thread should find Superman and get him to go around the world backwards, real fast and straighten out those wascally Devils and make your life whole again! And for the record rediculous (though spelled incorrectly) is actually a score that judges can give a participant. It goes from fair.. to good... to excellent.. to sick.. to rediculous (sp)! GO BD! Another fan! :shutup: How did you know! No offense! :shutup:

HAHAHA

I actually agree with you on this post! Even if it were based on some random fan reaction, BD would be way up there still! Did they not win the competition in Vegas based on that "Valcano Cheer Score BS" website?? (I forget the name) With SCV or Bluecoats there too. The argument the person brought forward doesn't really add up the way he wants it to! BD has a kick arse show this year, and I would not be sad at all if it won! They've won me over!

it does not seem right to me to score BD so highly when much of their show is performed seated, allowing them to conserve energy

From the Houston VOD, times when BD is seated:

4:02 - 4:17 15 sec

4:38 - 4:47 9 sec

4:58 - 5:06 8 sec

6:33 - 6:44 11 sec

8:37 - 8:44 7 sec

Total performance time: 13:17

Time spent seated: 50 sec

Time not seated: 12:27

So what exactly were you watching for those other 12 minutes and 27 seconds? Just staring off into space? It really sucks when facts destroy your argument.

Edited by MagicBobert

if this show is what wins dci these days, i'm not much interested in watching dci.

I have to agree. I keep trying to stay interested. I'm going to stick it out a little while longer. It's simply the design, not the performers. I'm not a fan of rewarding the chairs so many points.

I'm not a big fan of the big brass tacit in the middle part of the show. So much for simultaneous responsibilities. ...and I'm still hearing a lot of dirt in the trumpets during much of the show.

One of my big grips was the crooked arc during the pause in the opener. It has been replaced with "1930", which is an improvement. The guard is incredible.

This is a great, great corps whose design is going down a path I don't want to see copied by many of the 13th place and down corps and many marching bands.

Sorry to offend.

Edited by jjeffeory

I LOVE the Blue Devils show this year. The visuals are stunning, the music is amazing and it is very interesting to listen to and watch. I love the clever idea of the chairs and how they move them all over the field. They have so many clever ideas with the chairs. I have heard rumors that there is more to come - some surprising additions. I don't know if it is true, but I guess we'll see. I also am very surprised that Santa Clara is not doing better. I think their show is really beautiful and great music. What I am not understanding is how the Cavies boring show is scoring so high. I don't care for the music at all and they repeat the same "tricks" over and over: flag thrown through the air to someone else, rifles thrown across the field, ropes spread out all over the place - very odd show. (I know "Great Divide" this equals boring). Do you think Crown will bring back their surprising rainbow flags for their finale? Those elf outfits are ugly.

From the Houston VOD, times when BD is seated:

4:02 - 4:17 15 sec

4:38 - 4:47 9 sec

4:58 - 5:06 8 sec

6:33 - 6:44 11 sec

8:37 - 8:44 7 sec

Total performance time: 13:17

Time spent seated: 50 sec

Time not seated: 12:27

So what exactly were you watching for those other 12 minutes and 27 seconds? Just staring off into space? It really sucks when facts destroy your argument.

First of all, my original post was meant to be diplomatic and inquisitive, but thank you so much for displaying your overwhelming maturity for turning into a sticking-out-my-tonge-and-saying-na-na-na-boo-boo contest.

Staring off into space? Right, I so clearly stated that them sitting on their ### was the only parts of the show I watched. Man! You are so freaking bright. Because I was asking about one particular aspect of their show and didn't mention the others, you automatically ASSumed that I paid no attention to their show concept. Your aptitude astounds me.

Furthermore, you exquisitly show your drum corps experience by stating that 50 seconds of sitting on your tail in the middle of a show is absolutely nothing at all. Did you march at all? If not, you have no freaking clue what you're talking about and are doubly ignorant on top of making an argument out of a simple question. If so, your memory is pathetic because you should realize that even 15 seconds of sitting during that 11-13 minutes of performing at that extreme would be a significant crutch in conserving energy. Either way, what are you thinking?

It's really sad when citing facts and twisting what someone says out of proportion makes you think you've won an argument when simple common sense destroys yours.

HAHAHA

I actually agree with you on this post! Even if it were based on some random fan reaction, BD would be way up there still! Did they not win the competition in Vegas based on that "Valcano Cheer Score BS" website?? (I forget the name) With SCV or Bluecoats there too. The argument the person brought forward doesn't really add up the way he wants it to! BD has a kick arse show this year, and I would not be sad at all if it won! They've won me over!

Holy shiite Batman, DcFr3aK has come over to the DARK SIDE! Is there nothing sacred any longer? Welcome Grasshopper! :shutup:

And yes, it was the official "Volcano Cheer Score System" they used in Vegas....whereby the fans threw "room keys" at the corps, then they just counted em"! :shutup: