Blue Devils show

Look, the OP in this thread is right. Compared to the top 4, BD's is the easiest.

That doesn't mean it's EASY, or that it can't WIN by having great performance, but it's tough to like a show that is not as difficult as its peers. There is a clear distinction between "easiest among the top 4" and "easy".

I think that's more what the OP is getting at here - of course it's tough and it's near the top of Div. 1 and all, but compared to the other top corps it'd be nice to see something more visually demanding.

You frustrate me.

I've been working on positive ways to express my feelings. :shutup:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....my first time chiming in at all.

I WILL reserve final judgement till I actually see them live, but I did see a very recent high quality video, and as it stands now, this is on pace to be my least favorite championship show of all time. A lot could change, both in the scores, and in bd's show specifically, but that's my opinion with 3 weeks to go...no dissertation, no flaming, but my opinion of the show is about as low as it gets....

Winning DCI with that easy of a show. Not challenging their members at all I can promise you that. Such good marchers and players and yet the show looks so easy in comparison to cadets and cavaliers and even crown.

am I the only one who wants to see such a good corps like them to challenge themselves more as of the last few years. they seem to get credit for being so clean but their show is so NOT hard.

maybe a olympic diving score rubric would be good for dci.

don't #### in the kool-aid if it still tastes sweet.

or... why mess with a system that works?

I WILL reserve final judgement till I actually see them live, but I did see a very recent high quality video, and as it stands now, this is on pace to be my least favorite championship show of all time. A lot could change, both in the scores, and in bd's show specifically, but that's my opinion with 3 weeks to go...no dissertation, no flaming, but my opinion of the show is about as low as it gets....

+1

And I'm not a BD hater. Loved them in 1980, 1986, 1988, etc...

This is my first post on World Class Discussions. While I do get agitated when scores don't go the way I think they should, I do not think it wise to get on here and flame a corps where member parents or alumni of the corps can read it. However, while I do not have experience reading and interpreting various parts of judge sheets, after seeing BD several times, it does not seem right to me to score BD so highly when much of their show is performed seated, allowing them to conserve energy, while corps like Holy Name and Bluecoats have drill (and I want to say music as well) that is much more demanding with no breaks for breathers. I am not accusing BD's show of easiness because that is a generic term. I just do not understand how the other two corps I mentioned do not seem to be getting credit for that while it seems BD is getting too much.

This is my first post on World Class Discussions. While I do get agitated when scores don't go the way I think they should, I do not think it wise to get on here and flame a corps where member parents or alumni of the corps can read it. However, while I do not have experience reading and interpreting various parts of judge sheets, after seeing BD several times, it does not seem right to me to score BD so highly when much of their show is performed seated, allowing them to conserve energy, while corps like Holy Name and Bluecoats have drill (and I want to say music as well) that is much more demanding with no breaks for breathers. I am not accusing BD's show of easiness because that is a generic term. I just do not understand how the other two corps I mentioned do not seem to be getting credit for that while it seems BD is getting too much.

:shutup:

If corps could be scored based on entertainment value, BD would fall hard......no offense to hard-core fans and the members themselves, I just think their show is rediculous...

Really, you've GOT to see them live....you'll ####! Not that Cadets, Cavies, Crown and SCV aren't drillin' at a high level themselves but these guys are off the charts Live! Get about the 50th row in the middle and hold on! They are about to reach the point in the season when they start having fun with it...and then it goes to the next level.