Lewisburg Show

Mifflinburg seems like the happening place to be this weekend!

Wife and I were reminiscing about the Lewisburg show last night. It was always our favorite shows - great facility, great crowd, always good for at least one surpising performance. Can't help but laugh about our corps' encounter with the primate lab up there at Cornell (is it still there?) - definitely a bad mix of 'animals'....

always loved the drive from Pittsburgh to get there - we never passed up the opportunity to take the scenic route across the middle of the state. Rt 22 then 45 - beautiful country out there. great little towns along the way, and of course, antique and kitsch shops galore! at the time Mifflinburg had a very old look to it, lots of gingerbread homes lining the highway, a place that rolled up their sidewalks in the evening.

of course she also reminded me of the time I fell asleep at the wheel coming back from Lewisburg - ended up in a cornfield in the middle of nowhere. yeah, one of those 'I'll never let you forget that time, honey' moments.

Good luck to all!

Jeff,why does Scott need a GPS? All he needs is you riding shotgun!! LOL! :devil:

I've been there a lot, taught at Mifflinburg way back when, and it's Christine's home area. I'll be in Mifflinburg that day, but at a family reunion. It'll be killing me to be that close and not be able to stop by.

well I could go, but I'd be in trouble.

Bear, truth be told, I set the car on autopilot to get to Bucknell, I just need the gps for after we get there :devil:

enjoy the day Scott. :devil: see you in rochester?

Unfortunately, not this year. Shooting for next year to go to Rochester.

thanks...you may want to add that to the thread for that show :devil: