crown standstill in orlando

Boston sounds awesome.

It is interesting to see the different standstill forms that the corps use, but perhaps they should've left the vis judge up there to give everyone a number :thumbup:

I like that we get a chance to hear some stuff from the corps that isn't in their shows.

Oddly enough, it was like none of them had ever done a standstill before. At least 3-4 corps looked confused when setting up an arc, then had to shift it, bring it in, or tighten spacing in it. I thought that was weird, as most of them routinely do encores. Perhaps there was something different about the setting. Phantom was by far the most prepared, with their organized block and tuba seats. :tongue:

Hmmm. I wonder why. Could it be possibly because you were a member of the Glassmen organization and thus cannot judge any future programs without bias?

God forbid someone isn't ready to hand their first born over to Crown.

Just checked out standstill preformance of crown at orlando. WOW didnt expect so very hard to go being a Kingsmen. Awesome.

Great stuff there from Crown and Boston I thought ( some nice licks Boston has in this Drum line of theirs )

I'll put in a plug for what Corps do in encores. It's usually just such great fun stuff most of the Corps do in them and it's played well too. Crown shines in these encores too in my view. I don't think I've ever not liked what Crown has done in their encores the last couple of years.

' Not sure if people here heard the Blue Knights encore from Denver a few days ago, ( July 13th ) but it was awesome. I don't usually like what they do, but this year they have let their brass line just relax in their encore and simply wail away on a simple Stevie Wonder tune (" for once in my Life ").... and Man, they looked like they were having a blast playing such unusual musical charts for them. One of the sop soloists looked like he was struggling just a small bit with the high register playing this night, but hey I just ate it all up anyway, as I thought it was cool what they played. I really dug it. It's saved on Fan Network and it's the 2nd song they play in their encore.

Edited by BRASSO

Crown played the encore in Ocean Springs last night. They did an awesome job. One guy in the crowd mentioned that the standstill alone was worth the ticket price. He was right :thumbup:

Crown played the encore in Ocean Springs last night. They did an awesome job. One guy in the crowd mentioned that the standstill alone was worth the ticket price. He was right :tongue:

Awe, what a nice thing to say! I'm glad that it sounded awesome since so many of them are still sick from the cold virus that has been going around. I don't know how they do it. :thumbup: