Feeder Corps

I.C. Reveries-I.C. Reveries Juniors

St. Kevin's Emerald Knights-Emerald Gems-Emerald Chips (3 corps, class A, B and C)

Blue Angels-Shooting Stars

Braintree Warriors-Braintree Braves

Spartins

ST. Mary's Cardinals-St. Mary's Crusaders

Everett Statesmen-Everett Statesmen Juniors

Cambridge Caballeros-Cambridge Caballeros

Gatesmen-Gatesmen

Too many more to list just in the Boston area.

Also in the Boston area some drill teams and CYO bands acted like feeder corps for Class A corps.

This can be expanded to American Legion and VFW Post corps that had separate corps for adults and youths.

Some DCA and other over 21yrs. circuits' corps had relationships with local under 21yrs. corps that acted like feeder corps though they were separate organizations.

There were also some under 21yrs. corps that had relationships with other local corps with younger kids that acted like feeder corps though they were separate organizations. Some were class C and B feeding class A and some were even class C feeding nearby class B.

Back in the day in the Boston area (late 50's through pre-DCI), we were marching kids as young as 7 who would march till they were 21 and then would march with corps as adults. They would progress to larger and more expert corps as they aged and gained experience. While very few relative to the very large numbers of kids back then made marching a life long experience, those that did are still out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion Cadets had the "Jets" feeder corps in the early to mid seventies. I think the last year for the Jets was '77 and then all of the Jets were moved up in the Marion Cadets in '78. Kept the Marion Cadets from "folding" is my recollection. Avg. age of the Jets in '76 couldn't have been more than 12.

Edited by wjt4

And some have come a long way - from my BDB in 1977, who placed 19th in Class A with a 39.05, to current open class champions.

I might be wrong, but if you look at the Class A prelim scores for that year (http://www.fromthepressbox.com/1977seasonscores.htm) I think BDB are the only one listed there still functioning.

Never mind, this is about feeder corps. My comment was out of place - thus deleted.

Edited by jdostie

Dutch Boy -> Cadets of Dutch Boy

Sky Ryders--Jets (with Steve Vickers as a FMM, and my uncle Ken as director)

Argonne Rebels-- Rebel Heirs