Dublin, CA, scores

I sure hope so. If the three West corps continue to look out for one another and stick around while others are formed, DCA West is a real possibility someday.

Three operating corps in the region is the main step, as I recall.

Would DCA count Freelancers Alumni as corps #4 if they stay mini corps?? That's a question I don't think anyone's asked yet.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused here. If we decide not go back east and compete any more why exactly does it need to be DCA West or DCA anything for that matter. What would be the need for supporting or continuing any membership in DCA?

I'm a little confused here. If we decide not go back east and compete any more why exactly does it need to be DCA West or DCA anything for that matter. What would be the need for supporting or continuing any membership in DCA?

Who said anything about not going east to compete?

Having at least 3 DCA Corps on the West Coast and the shows that it would make possible would make all three corps eligible to vote at DCA Rules Congress if they make the top 10, and would also give them the opportunity to have shows in August where our scores would affect our seeding at prelims.

Kinda begs the question, tho -- based on something I think YOU said, Bob...........

You're right. I think I kinda just said that in the first post with fewer words.

In my opinion, it's kind of refreshing to see a corps management dealing with reality. So you'd get two more shows, and it would cost you more than the entire rest of the season. This way you have a building season, hold on to some money and establish your credentials as a force to be reckoned with in the days to come.

Sounds like Drum Corps 101, which too many have failed - and for which you get an A!!

:tongue::tongue:

Thank you! After being a finalist 3 consecutive years, it was a difficult decision to make but ultimately, necessary. SoCal Dream plans on being around for along time into the future. If taking a year or two off from the expense of getting to DCA Championships every now and then is what it takes to ensure that future, then so be it. We are shooting for being back at championships in 2010. Stay tuned.......

now that the Kingsmen Sr are out there...are there plans to formally create DCA West?

As of right now, The Kingsmen are not officially a DCA corps. We have 3 All-Age/Sr. Corps, which is a great start for expanding the west coast, however there are still only 2 DCA corps out west.

As of right now, The Kingsmen are not officially a DCA corps. We have 3 All-Age/Sr. Corps, which is a great start for expanding the west coast, however there are still only 2 DCA corps out west.

Why not?? Didn't pay the DCA membership fees???

Why not?? Didn't pay the DCA membership fees???

It was said on this forum previously that they only went through DCi evaluation and not DCA so I believe that means they are not a part of DCA. Also, unless I counted wrong at the shows, they did not have 35 members on the field.

It was said on this forum previously that they only went through DCi evaluation and not DCA so I believe that means they are not a part of DCA. Also, unless I counted wrong at the shows, they did not have 35 members on the field.

That could explain it....at least they have a base to build on for next year.

The achilles heel of West Coast senior corps in relation to DCA is the tremendous expense just to get to DCA weekend

And I'm one big Mega-Millions jackpot win away from helping to change that. :tongue:

Fran

since this is rambling on - I would remind people that DCA will only react to requests from the corps in a region... having 3 competing corps is a great start - having 4 would be even better - no mini corps or alumni corps don't count...

I congratulate all of the West Coast corps on their season so far and thank DCI West for its generous inclusion of these groups