Best single minute of drum corps

Someone explain to me how Crossmen and the corps that won percussion are even on the same sheets with regard to demand? Crossmen was a whole order of magnitude higher. One of the biggest jokes in DCI, IMHO. Play the game. Play only slow rolls. Set up everything with a check pattern. Hey, we'll give you high drums LOL

I love this comment because it is right on. A friend who is a very respected percussion teacher said that the Crossmen line was playing to many notes and he got that from the judges. Sad

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this comment because it is right on. A friend who is a very respected percussion teacher said that the Crossmen line was playing to many notes and he got that from the judges. Sad

Too many notes? Well, that would explain a lot. Too hard of a book too, right? And too many nasty beats? And the sticks are probably too high, also, right? They should have lowered their sticks and played tap triplet rolls. Then you get a trophy.

Bollocks.

Sheesh, who was the judge? Emperor Joseph II?

Start your clock at any point in the 1995 Madison show, and stop it 60 seconds later. You'll have your answer. Truly a show built solely for the fans.

haahaa...this made me laugh and good call!!!

Spirit 1984 - The last 10 secs of Blues in the Night!!!

Blue Devils 1992 - when a man loves a woman.......made me want to march!

Scouts 99 and the last big chord in Scouts 01