Best single minute of drum corps

Black Market Juggler Bayonne Bridgemen 1981 :tongue::worthy::lol: :lol:

Don;t know if you got the year right and the name wrong, or vice versa. 1981 was "The Pursuit of the Lady." BMJ was 82.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KKKRRRYYYYSTAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!

Yeah, now I get it. I dunno--compared to BD's ballad the same night ("FRANK IS AN AMERICAN BAD###"), SCV didn't have it so bad.

Good call. Bones' battery that year was a beast, especially the snare line. That remains one of my Top 5 all-time favorite percussion features in DCI.

Someone explain to me how Crossmen and the corps that won percussion are even on the same sheets with regard to demand? Crossmen was a whole order of magnitude higher. One of the biggest jokes in DCI, IMHO. Play the game. Play only slow rolls. Set up everything with a check pattern. Hey, we'll give you high drums LOL

People have named most of the hype moments, but I love the little cool transitions and quiet moments as well.

One in that vein: Blue Devils 1998 - the section that segues from Cool to One Hand, One Heart and then into Tonight. The layering of the mellophone solo over the contras playing the cool lick, the gorgeous playing of the sops on their first statement of One Hand, One Heart and then the way the transition to Tonight is prepared perfectly. It's just genius writing and beautifully played.

Yeah, now I get it. I dunno--compared to BD's ballad the same night ("FRANK IS AN AMERICAN BAD###"), SCV didn't have it so bad.

"FRANK IS AN AMERICAN #####" and "KRYSTAAAAAL" are why State of the Art II is a absolute must-have CD. Those are 2 of my all-time favorite shows from a musical standpoint and hearing them without the jackholes in the background is priceless.