SCV 17.50

Crown 17.40

Vis. Perf

SCV 17.40

Crown 17.50

?

I said

(perc2100 @ Jul 21 2009, 11:57 PM)

Not only that, but the Vis. Ensemble score was doubled because a judge didn't show. Unfortunately, that judge had SCV down .5 when they beat Crown in that caption San Antonio.

As you pointed out, SCV did indeed beat Crown in Vis. Ensemble in San Antonio (albeit by .1)

What is not posted yet is the recap from tonight's show in AR. I'm told that there was a missing judge, so the Vis. Ensemble judge from tonight's AR show was doubled (which is corroborated in a previous post from someone else before my original post). Basically, SCV lost tonight to Crown because the spread in Vis. Ensemble was .5 less than Crown, when SCV beat Crown in Vis. Ensemble previously in San Antonio. What I was saying was, if the judging in that caption was consistent (and/or if SCV had a consistent visual ensemble performance from San Antonio), then perhaps SCV's score/placement would be different. Perhaps in the near future SCV will top Crown at the rate of improvement they are going.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I originally posted.

I was at Van Buren tonight, and Vanguard was beyond incredible; absolutely on fire!! Crown had a great run as well, but seeing them back to back, there was no contest. The crowd was on the feet for the entire last 45-50 seconds of SCV's show. The energy coming off the field was just incredible...that had to have been one of the best singular live drum corps performances that I have ever seen. It felt like I was watching their '99 finals run again. I was surprised to see that the scores were so close, not that it isn't an accurate reflection of what happened, it's just that I was surprised to actually see it.

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

You are correct. That would be from tonight's sheets.

Oliver is kind enough to provide my information. He's fairly reliable.

I wish DCI.org would hurry up so I can go to bed at a decent hour!

I was at Van Buren tonight, and Vanguard was beyond incredible; absolutely on fire!! Crown had a great run as well, but seeing them back to back, there was no contest. The crowd was on the feet for the entire last 45-50 seconds of SCV's show. The energy coming off the field was just incredible...that had to have been one of the best singular live drum corps performances that I have ever seen. It felt like I was watching their '99 finals run again. I was surprised to see that the scores were so close, not that it isn't an accurate reflection of what happened, it's just that I was surprised to actually see it.

Reading that just gave me the chills. Thank you.

SCV wins GE Vis by .6, Ge music by .3

Crown wins Vis performance and Ensemble Vis by .5 each

SCV gets guard by .3

Crown gets brass by .5, music ensemble by .2 and drums by .6

but...with the averages, the spread in GE trumps all, and puts SCV down by .1

Only 4 posts since 03? Man it must have been really good! Thanks! :tongue: