Monroe, LA show

So did Crown kids meet up with the Mandarins just found this on the DCI website: :tongue:

Drum Corps International has been informed that a number of members of the Mandarins have taken ill and are currently receiving medical treatment. Corps and staff members are taking precautions to contain the illness and help the approximately 20 members of the corps it has affected recover as soon as poosible.

As a result, the Mandarins will be taking a break from tonight’s scheduled DCI Tour event in Monroe, La., moving onto their next destination for much needed rest.

For additional information, please contact the Mandarins.

Edited by Bevinator

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the stadium online. It looks very nice, but I certainly hope they have a decent crowd to fill it.

I'm really curious of the actual corps times. There are 8 corps. Are they going to break it evenly--4 before the INT; 4 after the INT.

its a fantastic stadium for drum corps, rev had the priveledge of using that field for a rehearsal day in 08, its a great field and the stands were quite daunting empty, i cant imagine what its gonna be like when thier filled

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Monroe Scores 1982

Position Corps Score

1 Spirit of Atlanta 82.400

2 Suncoast Sound 78.600

3 Memphis Blues 73.000

4 Southwind 56.300

5 Southernairs 49.300

6 Night Hawks 46.800

7 Black Knights 43.10

Modesto CA July 21, 1984

Position Corps Score

1 Blue Devils 92.600

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 90.600

3 Freelancers 79.800

4 Valley Fever 69.700

5 California Dons 66.700

6 Kingsmen 55.400

That night I dropped my drum stick :tongue:

Monroe Scores 1982

Position Corps Score

1 Spirit of Atlanta 82.400

2 Suncoast Sound 78.600

3 Memphis Blues 73.000

4 Southwind 56.300

5 Southernairs 49.300

6 Night Hawks 46.800

7 Black Knights 43.10

Retro!!

So did Crown kids meet up with the Mandarins just found this on the DCI website:

Drum Corps International has been informed that a number of members of the Mandarins have taken ill and are currently receiving medical treatment. Corps and staff members are taking precautions to contain the illness and help the approximately 20 members of the corps it has affected recover as soon as poosible.

As a result, the Mandarins will be taking a break from tonight’s scheduled DCI Tour event in Monroe, La., moving onto their next destination for much needed rest.

For additional information, please contact the Mandarins.

Do we know for certain what type of illness that the members of either corps have? Unless it is the same type of illness, then there's no need to speculate as to what is the cause for this.

This announcement about the issue with the Mandarins is very vague. Could this be a heat-related situation? They are practicing in Louisiana, after all. Could it be foodborne illness?

Nobody knows at this point, so let's not engage in conjecture.