Channeling Her Inner Copland?

Okay, so I'm the goof that spelled Copland wrong in my heading on a previous early season post. Knowing better at the time, without question it was a "typo" on my part.

Whereas I don't mean to bust on him (he does great work), it took me by surprise to hear Dan Potter (DCI.org) twice reference Leonard Bernstein as the composer of "Appalachian Spring" during his latest Field Pass interview with Stephanie Lee, Vanguard's first female DM.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7...00-cd4e6b947e16

Am I missing something here, or is this an “Oops!” on Dan's part? Perhaps he was referring more to her conducting style in regard to the Bernstein comments, thus I'm missing his point. Clarity please.

you're right. i just listened to it. the first time he says that bernstein wrote ballet for martha, but when he was talking to her, he was talking about bernstein style conducting.

Okay, so I'm the goof that spelled Copland wrong in my heading on a previous early season post. Knowing better at the time, without question it was a "typo" on my part.

Whereas I don't mean to bust on him (he does great work), it took me by surprise to hear Dan Potter (DCI.org) twice reference Leonard Bernstein as the composer of "Appalachian Spring" during his latest Field Pass interview with Stephanie Lee, Vanguard's first female DM.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7...00-cd4e6b947e16

Am I missing something here, or is this an “Oops!” on Dan's part? Perhaps he was referring more to her conducting style in regard to the Bernstein comments, thus I'm missing his point. Clarity please.

Wow. I'm having an off week. Thanks to everyone who's pointed out my tick. I, of course, know that Copland wrote Appalachian Spring. Doh!

On the second reference (.."Are you channeling Lenny Bernstein?"...) I was refering to Stephanie's conducting style.

Still. Ouch.

Dan

He can't match pitch, either.

Please tell me someone else witnessed that atrocity last Saturday evening?

Wow. I'm having an off week. Ouch.

Dan

Not all is a loss. It is my understanding that DCI has now set a new APD record with "Happy Birthday". The only question is who is going to get the money? Seems the Cavaliers are all saying

"Uh...no, that wasn't us."

Field Pass is great Dan, but NOTHING has done more to set back the use of vocal music in drum corps! (You may become a hero for this.) :thumbup:

Wow. I'm having an off week. Thanks to everyone who's pointed out my tick.

Dan

LOL! (I love good sarcasm)

Dan, the way I look at it, you're entitled to your one mistake per year.

No matter how many times you make it. :sad: