Mufreesboro

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything on the show?

OK, really dating myself now. When I went to Dana School of Music at YSU, we used to go to recitals at E.J. THomas Hall (its in Akron) - for $1.00 - I saw Sills, Horne, Pavarotti, verrett, Ashkenazy, Stern, and bunch of others.

Yeah E.J. is about a mile and a half from here...a dollar huh!! that can't even get you a smell of a beer anymore....

OK, really dating myself now. When I went to Dana School of Music at YSU, we used to go to recitals at E.J. THomas Hall (its in Akron) - for $1.00 - I saw Sills, Horne, Pavarotti, verrett, Ashkenazy, Stern, and bunch of others.

E.J. is still there....but I doubt you could see anything there for a dollar anymore!

Scores are up - from Gadsden

Scores from AL show:

1 The Cavaliers 92.400

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 91.700

3 Carolina Crown 91.150

4 Blue Stars 86.200

5 Blue Knights 83.800

6 Troopers 80.350

7 Colts 80.200

8 Spirit 78.100

9 Madison Scouts 78.000

10 Pacific Crest 74.550

11 Jersey Surf 71.450

Austintown. heh. You know Robbie Bowman?

You bet. Rob and I were in the Warren Jr. Military Band in the late 70s to early 80s. Amazing snare drummer and overall percussionist. Tons of talent and enthusiasm for music. I know Brad, Rob, and some others ended up marching BLOOOO in the early 80s. I wanted to myself, and they took me to one of the minicamps in 82 I tihnk, but I had to work that summer and then went to Chautauqua Institute the next summer to play trombone.

There was/is a strong Warren Military Band connection with the Bluecoats, with people like Brad doing so much for the organization over the years, and also Fred Morris, who now is about to take Troopers into the top 12. Pretty cool stuff!

So what do we think the reason is Crown is losing momentum?!?