DCA I&E/Mini Corps

Hey man, I came in 5th in '07 so there are certainly dudes better than me. I just like variety and see everyone's playing/compositional styles. I freakin' love Nathan McLaren's solo in '07. I was entranced by his fluid motion and visuals while I was waiting to go on.

One of the benefits I got out of doing I&E in DCI and DCA has been honing my compositional skills. Trying to put together a solo with music phrasing and direction, while trying to maintain entertainment value and showcase your skills is a challenge. Just like a drum corps show design, sometimes you nail it and sometimes you don't.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started the I&E because there was interest among the snare drummers. You could say that snare drummers started the I&E "All age Contest" This is our twentieth year. So far I am a little disappointed, you have very few challengers , Hulka. Did you scare them all away!!! But there is still time for more to enter.

I started the I&E because there was interest among the snare drummers. You could say that snare drummers started the I&E "All age Contest" This is our twentieth year. So far I am a little disappointed, you have very few challengers , Hulka. Did you scare them all away!!! But there is still time for more to enter.

I can remember vividly the DCA I&E in '93. There were sooo many percussioninsts at I&E and they were all great. The audience was pretty big in that Scottish Rites Auditorium and they were very vocal. Some amazing performances going on!!

Haha, don't blame me. There were still a bunch of snare entries in '07 after my first year doing a DCA solo in '06. Let's blame Jeff Prosperie in scaring everyone away. :tongue: Just kidding Jeff, if you're lurking about!

I can remember vividly the DCA I&E in '93. There were sooo many percussioninsts at I&E and they were all great. The audience was pretty big in that Scottish Rites Auditorium and they were very vocal. Some amazing performances going on!!

Gah, I remember that I&E. What a great madhouse that was.

i blame Lee. no one could top his...uh...show

Hey man, I came in 5th in '07 so there are certainly dudes better than me. I just like variety and see everyone's playing/compositional styles. I freakin' love Nathan McLaren's solo in '07. I was entranced by his fluid motion and visuals while I was waiting to go on.

Yeah Nate's a great drummer I always enjoy the time I'm able to drum with him up north.

There's yet another name that I've gotten beat by a couple times!

Yeah Nate's a great drummer I always enjoy the time I'm able to drum with him up north.

There's yet another name that I've gotten beat by a couple times!

Go for it Joe... . Go play, Have a good Time... throw down some notes... the competition is what you make it...fun-serious or both!@ I do it cause I just enjoy getting to play, it's the one time a year I get to play .... but we need some NEW blood.... cmon !! GO FOR IT........ :bigsmile:

Scott's not that itimidating ... Jeff on the other hand, once he got that West Point Military hair Cut... THAT was scary !! :tongue:

Edited by hurcwave

Scott's not that itimidating ... Jeff on the other hand, once he got that West Point Military hair Cut... THAT was scary !! :tongue:

So true. I'm glad I wasn't in the room when Jeff was playing. Jim Reed came up to me and said Jeff had the room around his little pinky just by playing his warm-up. That lead to this reaction from me... :bigsmile:

So true. I'm glad I wasn't in the room when Jeff was playing. Jim Reed came up to me and said Jeff had the room around his little pinky just by playing his warm-up. That lead to this reaction from me... :bigsmile:

The combination of the crew cut and the Bridgemen muscle shirt is a bonafide recipe for intimidation.

Unless you're a bald fat guy, like me.