STUPID RING QUESTION

I can't wear my jacket. It's the Bluecoats early 90s baby blue with satiny sheen. Sorta dorky looking anyway and when it's 90 degrees outside it just look outright stupid. The exception is that I have and would still wear it to finals if it's a cool evening (it still fits!).

I wish they would make a tasteful alumni jacket. Now that, I would wear casually.

Wow. I always LOVED those jackets. Frankly, all corps jackets look "dorky". So what. You've got one that looks great. I do agree about the heat being a problem though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wear my jacket. It's the Bluecoats early 90s baby blue with satiny sheen. Sorta dorky looking anyway and when it's 90 degrees outside it just look outright stupid. The exception is that I have and would still wear it to finals if it's a cool evening (it still fits!).

I wish they would make a tasteful alumni jacket. Now that, I would wear casually.

Hey Bart!

Don't know what they did in '93, but we did get the alumni jackets in '92...the classy Members Only jackets (notice the capitalization for the name brand...). I'd still rather wear the member jacket vs. the Member jacket, though for the most part I'm pretty much just seen in my GCS jacket, though I do have patches on it from all the other corps I've marched with...it has gotten me into several interesting discussions with people/alumni.

If I had a ring...d**n straight I'd wear that at any and all corps functions...but I never marched with any intention or expectation that a ring would be in my future.

I did get a ring from 75....we didn't get them until 30 years later, maybe that's why it's so special. I guess my point is that even if we didn't win, I would still like to have a ring with the corps name on it. All 4 years were special and I enjoyed them all in different ways. It is a conversation piece with a lot of my clients. I never wear my high school or college rings but I do were the corps ring once in awhile.

As far as my corps jacket, my wife had the fleur cut out and had the patches arranged in a frame that she gave me for Christmas a few years back. I have it in our gameroom. (I haven't worn my corps jacket in 30 years anyway, I think she shrunk it.)

By the way Maggie, we beat you guys by almost 3 points the week before in Marion in 1974 and after winning prelims we thought we were a shoe in for winning finals that year. You guys had a great show and we choked so you did deserve to win in 74. That was a heart breaker for me but you really did deserve to win that year.

How many people who have DCI rings actually wear them around in their daily lives? I'd guess very few overall...but I could be wrong?

Actually, jackets, too...you see them around drum corps events, but not much else...

I've worn my ring 2 times since I've had it. And that was at the local show this year and last year. I think I've worn my jacket once since I've aged out. No one in real life cares where I marched or what I did with them.

I wear my ring every now and then, but not very often. I usually feel like an egotistical jackass explaining it to people that ask what it is.

I take my jacket to drum corps events because where else am I supposed to wear the #### thing? I wait until it cools down at night to put it on though.

My medal on the other hand I wear every day over my clothes.

I wear my ring every now and then, but not very often. I usually feel like an egotistical jackass explaining it to people that ask what it is.

I take my jacket to drum corps events because where else am I supposed to wear the #### thing? I wait until it cools down at night to put it on though.

My medal on the other hand I wear every day over my clothes.

That's about how I feel too. I usually bring my medal to band camps I teach too and tell them "YOU SEE THIS MEDAL?!?!? I KNOW WHAT IM TAKLIN ABOUT"

I'm in Target in Milford, CT not long ago and I see a guy in a Cavaliers jacket at the register. My daughter (who has never been involved in drum corps) makes a b-line for him. I follow, because at this point I think she's crazy, and it turns out he's here on vacation. Small world.

Then....we're at a Yankees game, just minding our own business, but again, my daughter has on her Cadet hoodie. Someone comes down the aisle, sits down on the step next to her and asks her if she marched. She said no, my mom did though. We had a great conversation. Turns out his dad marched in Anaheim Kinsmen when I marched Garfield. The kid that stopped by....Madison Scouts. Crazy huh???

So you never know who you may meet because of your corps jacket or logo!